Trivia Main Page
The 22nd Semi-Annual Williams College Trivia Contest. May 14, 1977
- (12:00): Product Logos
- (4 AM): Name Changes (partial answers)
- (12:00): TCAT (Trivia Contest Admissions Test) -- Fifty types of animals were listed; 17 of those were found in a box of Barnum's Animal Crackers. Teams had to mark off the 17. Like a standardized test, you lost fractional points for incorrect guesses, and neither gained nor lost for blank bubbles.
- Comics Couples -- Romantic pairings from the world of DC and Marvel.
- McHale's Navy
- Sports Books -- Given the title of the book, teams had to name the (ostensible) jock author.
- Name all the ways Charlie the Tuna shows he has good taste -- Mike Schiffmiller '77 explains: "I thought that a good bonus question would be, "name all the ways that Charlie the Tuna shows that he has good taste." I could think of a bunch, but I wasn't sure I had them all. So, I wrote to Star-Kist, and got a letter back from their ad agency, Leo Burnett, with a list of ways shows he has good taste, along with a (broken) Charlie the Tuna tie clasp. Great! The night of the contest we announced the question, and started getting answers that were not on the list but that I remembered were correct! Leo screwed us with an incomplete list, so we were forced to give just about everyone credit for that question."
- Come down and do the Teaberry Shuffle." (Teaberry chewing gum had an ad campaign in which Herb Alpert's "Mexican Shuffle" was transmuted into a specific gum dance with steps.)