Trivia Main Page
PROS FROM DOVER
The 28th Semi-Annual Williams College Trivia Contest, May, 1980
- (12:00): Crossword Puzzle (questions only)
- (4 AM): Book of Lists -- Multi-part questions on Quotes, Stadiums, Official Products, Spouses, Hometowns, Comic Book Teams, "The Jerk," "American Graffiti," and TV Descriptions.
- (12:00) Nifty Slogans -- The ever-popular "we give you the slogan, you give us the company"-type bonus.
- (1 AM) M*A*S*H -- Three questions from the film, seven more from the TV series.
- (2 AM) Sports Lineups -- "A long but megatonnage-filled bonus," this one gave six baseball or basketball teams from 1968-1974. Maximus Drott asked that the full starting roster of each be filled in
- (3 AM) Famous Fours -- For the 4th Hour Bonus, questions were asked about quartets of names or characters. Five questions, oddly enough.
- (4 AM) The Avengers -- Name every superhero to be a member of the Avengers. There were 24 as of this contest.
- (5 AM) E. F. Hutton -- Remember those TV ads in the 1970s and 1980s, in which someone said, "My broker is E.F. Hutton, and E.F. Hutton says...." followed by an ungodly hush among all those present? Well, if you don't, it's a good thing if you didn't tackle this bonus.
- (6 AM) Unusual Names -- Twelve strange-sounding names were listed. An explanation of their positions in life or fiction was wanted.
- (7 AM) Last Lines -- Thirteen films, teams had to supply the absolutely final line of dialogue in each.