Trivia Main Page
NOT EVERYONE KEEPS THEIR GENITALS IN THE SAME PLACE
The 53rd Semi-Annual Williams College Trivia Contest, May, 1992
Comments and summaries by Des Devlin
- (12:00) Television Trivia (partial answers) -- Included: Ad Slogans, Gilligan's Isle, Soap Operas, Cartoons, Star Trek, Early Cable TV, CNN, Alternate Titles, Theme Songs, Spinoffs, Shows Originating in Radio, Home Addresses, Schools, Occupations, Supporting Characters, TV Pairs, plus some other stuff-- 347 questions the one and only time I counted.
- (4 AM) Liberal Arts (questions only) -- Included: Art, Chinese, Classics, English, French, German, Italian, Literary Studies, Music, Russian, Spanish, Theater, American Studies, Anthroplogy, Sociology, Asian Studies, Economics, History, Science History, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Women's Studies, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, Math, Neuroscience, Physics, Quantitative Studies. Close to 200 questions, but just regular ones? Oh, no-- essays, diagrams, definitions, writing music, computer programs, and much, much more. Would have been a sharp 7-hour Mega Bonus.
- (12:00) Washington D.C. (questions only) -- Acronyms, Name ID's, Scandals, and general trivia, plus a potent potables section dedicated to Ted Kennedy.
- (1 AM) Sherlock Holmes (in code - questions only) -- Twenty Holmes questions, encoded into a cipher. The cipher needed to be broken to English-ify the actual questions before teams could even begin to answer them.
- (2 AM) First Lines Audio -- A compilation of first lines from various films; teams had to name the film, the speaker, and (urk) the LAST line from said film.
- (3 AM) Sports (questions only) -- A monstrously long assortment (196!) of sports questions of all shapes and sizes.
- (4 AM) Classical Music Audio -- Pretty much what you'd suspect from the three words above.
- (5 AM) Frobozz Magic -- Colossal Caves, Dungeon, Zork, Zork 2, Zork 3, "Beyond Zork" and various other computer & computer games trivia.
- (6 AM) Johns (partial answers) -- Questions about men named John. Since there were only sixty questions, a "Johnny-Come-Latelies" appendix with another 22.
- (7 AM) Sick Humor (partial answers) -- Ren & Stimpy, Howard Stern, Charles Addams, Truly Tasteless Jokes, National Lampoon, and sicko miscellany.
- Something to do with 'The People's Court'
- Come down and perform the orgasm scene from 'When Harry met Sally'
- 'Star Trek'
- Come down and perform one of the 'Samurai' sketches for Saturday Night Live
- Come down and perform the 'Biggus Dickus' scene from 'Life of Brian'
- Count Floyd from SCTV
- Come down and perform as either Elvis or Michael Jackson