Trivia Main Page
The 33rd Semi-Annual Williams College Trivia Contest. December, 1982.
- (12:00): Double Crostic (questions only) -- A very popular format during the late 1970s and early 1980s. This Super was handed in before 2 AM by "Odds and Ends for 20, Art," thanks to the puzzle-busting skills of Lois Abel and others, a fact which was announced over WCFM by an amazed Bob Buckner. Sadly, Odds and Ends would fade in the second half of the contest.
- (4 AM): Williamsiana (questions only) -- A huge assortment of Ephlore dating back to before Williams College even existed, and up to the then-present day. We must confess that we're pretty curious to learn "which current member of the Williams faculty is buried behind Wood House?"
- (12:00) Baseball -- 19 questions, many multiple-part, on baseball. About half dealt with the just-completed 1982 season in particular.
- (1 AM) Comedians -- This bonus featured various questions about comedians and their routines, with a whole lot more Robert Klein than a Comedy Bonus might include today.
- (2 AM) Movie Quotes
- (3 AM) Hill Street Blues
- (4 AM) Advertising
- (5 AM) Marvel Universe -- Evil acronyms, gruesome demises, notable quotes and more from the House of Ideas. Face front, triv believers! And yes, finished boni had to be brought to the Baxter Building.
- (6 AM) I Love Lucy
- (7 AM) E.T. -- Questions about the Willie McGee lookalike from outer space. "E.T." the film had opened to adequate success earlier in the year.
- Have two people come down to the studio and simulate a confrontation between Mike Hargrove and Gaylord Perry. (Hargrove was known as "The Human Rain Delay" for his lengthy between-each- pitch movements; Perry was legendary for touching every part of his body before delivering his spitball. Fans who got to see these two face off four times over the course of a game were advised to pack a lunch.)
- Action Trivia: Come down to the studio and enact the Bugs Bunny theme.