Contest Main Page
COMIC BOOKS: MAINSTREAM AND UNDERGROUND
- From the semi-underground comic "Cerebus," what are the three super-heroic incarnations of that recurring character, The Roach?
- From the dreaded D.C. Universe, we want information about the infamous Legion of Super-Pets (!!?!).
- Name the 5 Super-Pets (Hint: There was one set of twins).
- Who organized them?
- What is the Watcher's real name?
- What else, besides Man-Thing, can be found in Man-Thing's swamp?
- D.C. again: What is the secret identity of Ragman (i.e. Superman is to Clark Kent as Ragman is to...)?
- From "Howard The Duck," what scandal prevented Howard from completing his 1976 Presidential candidacy, and why was the scandal obviously a hoax?
NON-SERIALIZED COMIC STRIPS
- According to "Doonesbury," what was candidate Jimmy Carter doing when his foreign policy adviser first came to Plains to brief him?
- What, according to "Bloom County," was Prince Charles' first choice of a name for his first son?
- Name Charlie Brown's baseball team, by position.
- From "Broom-Hilda," what are the names of the buzzard and the (elder) troll?
- Where did Charlie Brown buy Snoopy, who was the original owner, and why did that owner have to sell him?
- At what department store do Blondie and Tootsie, of "Blondie" fame, do their shopping?
SERIALIZED COMIC STRIPS
- Name all of Prince Valiant's children.
- What is the name of the private detective firm Buz sawyer runs?
- What is the name of Alley Oop's girlfriend?
- What is the explanation, as per "Alley Oop," for the existence of the Loch Ness Monster?
- Who made Prince Valiant a Knight of the Round Table?
- What is unusual about the big cats on the Phantom's Isle of Eden?
FILL IN THE BALLOONS
19-24. Fill in the word balloons rendered blank in the attached, numbered panels/sequences.
25-30. Using the same panels or sequences as above, identify the artist (penciller for you purists) of each. (Excerpts from The Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, Wolverine, and American Flagg!, each with a primary word balloon deleted, followed.)