Contest Main Page
The Twilight Zone
You are now invited to unlock the Door with the key of Imagination and enter into another dimension. It is a wondrous land which is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. That's the signpost up ahead-- your next stop, Gilligan's Island. Just kidding, the Twilight Zone.
Submit the following instructions for your approval. You are about to hear 15 situations that begin episodes of "The Twilight Zone." Please tell us what the twists are at the end of each episode.
- A clown, hobo, ballet dancer, bagpiper, and an army major find themselves trapped inside an enormous feature-less cylinder, with no memory of who they are or how they got there.
- Janet Tyler undergoes her eleventh operation to mend her freakishly bad looks.
- A lonely old crippled woman receives two unaccountable phone calls in the middle of a stormy night.
- A schoolteacher is visited by a young girl who insists about talking about a man the teacher saw earlier that day.
- A mild-mannered bank teller, Henry Bemis, can never find enough time to read.
- The daughter of a scientist demands that her father dismantle the robot servants that staff the house, because her parents are getting too dependent on them.
- On maneuvers at Little Big Horn, a three-man tank unit keeps finding mysterious evidence of General Custer's 7th Cavalry, and Indians on the warpath.
- Following a blowout in Pennsylvania, Nan Adams repeatedly sees the same ominous hitchhiker.
- An old woman, alone in a farmhouse, is terrorized by tiny robot-like spacemen.
- It's Mardi Gras in New Orleans, and a dying man insists that to earn their inheritances, his heirs must wear grotesque masks until midnight.
- An amnesiac in a jumpsuit awakens in a town strangely devoid of people.
- A used car salesman buys an old Model A that forces its owner to tell the truth.
- The first manned space flight crashlands on a dry deserted asteroid, with three survivors and only five gallons of water.
- An overworked dancer recovering in a hospital has a recurring dream that late at night, a nurse leads her to Room 22-- the Morgue-- throws open the door for her, and says, "Room for one more, honey."
- The Kanamits arrive on Earth to aid mankind using their superior technology.