Contest Main Page
THIS SUPER BONUS DOES NOT TRAFFIC IN RUMOR AND INNUENDO!
*Keith Richards did NOT have all of his heroin-clogged blood switched.
*Paul McCartney did NOT "blow his mind out in a car", and was NOT replaced with a wax figure from Madame Tussaud's.
*Mick Jagger and David Bowie-- all right, we admit they WERE in the same bed, naked, but they were just sleeping, okay?
*And the ONLY thing you could pump out of Rod Stewart's stomach is last night's chateau briand. However, all of the following stuff is horribly, awfully, laughably TRUE!!! (Just don't quote us.)
SAY YOU, SAY ME
So, you think Pete Townshend feels foolish about writing "Hope I die before I get old"? Oh, it gets much, much worse. All of the following are frighteningly genuine quotes.
HERE WE ARE NOW, ENTERTAIN US
"I merged with the pouring water. I let it in. I became a part of it, it became a part of me. Rain and woman were one. Now I was a rain woman. Again, it was an ecstatic union. I was in a wet dream, and it was all right."
**Who's the Rain Woman who gave this damp account to describe her ultra-damp
Central Park concert?
- "Lots of guys fuck their cousins-- at least I married mine."
**What old-time rocker offered this novel defense for his actions?
"Stop hurting me please.
Saying mean things about me.
I've been in public since I was only twenty.
Still a very sad baby.
But I could sing then
Because I wasn't frightened.
I know I've been angry.
But I am full of love really.
Do you think you could stop hurting me?
It is suffocating me.
**Name the singer. Who took out this newspaper ad. OK? Please.
- "They won't grab at you or ask you for favors. I feel comfortable with these figures. They are my personal friends."
**This is Michael Jackson, describing whom?
- "I think it's wonderful to be here tonight-- but I also think it's sad that there are other people who aren't here tonight. People like Paul McCartney, who couldn't be here because he's in a lawsuit with Ringo and uh, Yoko. That's what he sent a telegram to some high-priced attorney in this room, you know? And that's a bummer, because we're talking about harmony, right, in the world. If we can't get it together in America, and England, and harmony within our groups. I mean, believe it- you can believe that the Beach Boys had their own in-terse-tecine, or whatever you call it, squabbles. But that's a bummer when Ms. Ross can't make it, you know? The Beach Boys continue to do-- we did about 180 performances last year. I'd like to see the Moptops match that. I'd like to see Mick Jagger get out on the stage and do "I Get Around" versus "Jumpin' Jack Flash" any day now. Now a lot of people are going to go out of this room tonight thinking that Mike Love is crazy. Well, they've been sayin' that for years. Ain't nothin' new about that."
**100% sane Beach Boy Mike Love offered these words of love and harmony on what august occasion?
- What intense young man announced to his audience, after his band made the cover of a major newsweekly, "Sorry I was late, but I had to go wipe my ass with the new Time Magazine"?
- Warner Brothers Records was actually forced to issue this "press release" in order to "explain" why it hadn't released a certain album:
"Lollipops-- in yours! Stroke after stroke callin' all others a joke. Superfunkycalifragisexi. Camille rocked hard in a funky place, stuck his long funk in competition's face. Tuesday came. Blue Tuesday. His canvas full and lying on the table. Camille mustered all the hate that he was able. Hate 4 the ones who ever doubted his game. Hate 4 the ones who doubted his namexx Spooky Electric must die. Die in the hearts of all who want love. Die in the hearts of men who want change. Die in the bodies of women who want babies that will grow up with a New Power Soul."
**Who was the subject of this news flash, and what notorious, still-unreleased album were Camille and Spooky Electric fighting about?
- There's a homemade video featuring a certain Rock Legend, urinating on a long-legged blonde. When she (understandably) flinches from his #1 hit, he orders her to open her eyes and mouth, asking herif it's "nice and salty." Afterwards, she says she loves him, and asks whether he won't seal this act of love with a kiss. "I can't kiss you, baby," comes his reply, "you smell like piss." What all-time rock forefather gave a grateful planet these grainy moments of true devotion featuring his "sweet little piss stream"?
(AFTERWORD: Feminists of all sexes, be appeased! The next sequence on the very same video features the same woman defecating on his face. Sadly, you will not find this particular video at Blockbuster. We checked.)
- "When I was younger, the only thing I liked better than a big dick was a bigger dick!"
**What other all-time rock forefather-- whose name, ironically enough, can be taken to mean the opposite of "big dick"-- said this?
- "Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile complaineex.There's good in all of us and I think I simply love people too much. So much that it makes me feel too fucking sad. The sad little sensitive, unappreciative, Pisces. Jesus man! Why don't you just enjoy it? I don't know!
**What happened about 15 minutes after this emasculated, infantile complainee registered this particular complaint? (The "Pisces" part should eliminate 11/12ths of your candidates.)
- "It was art. a statement against materialism, against neatness, against order, values, role models."
** What rocker used these words to describe his band's longstanding "philosophy" for trashing hotel rooms? (Might explain why he's gone deaf.)
- John Lennon occasionally amused himself at parties by mixing drinks for those he considered sycophantic, imbecilic fans. His specialty was "the Beatle cocktail." What is the prime ingredient in a Beatle cocktail?
- Who started those Michael-Jackson-in-the-hyperbaric-chamber rumors?
- What super-huge band is always late starting its concerts, reportedly because the lead singer waits until his personal psychics have "cleansed" the stage before going on?
- How did Janis Joplin wish to celebrate the signing of her record contract with Columbia Records?
- A few years back, Madonna was spotted visiting New York City's "Club Nine," a local hotspot of note. What was the club's most notable membership requirement?
- Axl Rose's plea bargain resulting from his St. Louis stage dive (and the ensuing riot) was somewhat involved. Aside from fines and community service, Axl was forbidden to associate with known felons. What one exception was written into the legal agreement?
- What rap star was forced to cancel a lucrative tour, because his court-mandated ankle beeper couldn't sustain the range required?
- Following his teen crooning heyday, Frankie Lymon exchanged his super-lucrative half of the publishing rights for "Why Do Fools Fall In Love" for what?
- Once he was Prince Rogers Nelson. Then, he was simply Prince. Now, of course, he is a self-designed symbol. (Paisley Park, his ex-record company, helpfully pointed out that the symbol "has no pronunciation.") Please write, print, or script his current name/squiggle.
- The drummer for this band had his teeth knocked out on stage at Woodstock II. Which band?
- The most beloved story in the Led Zeppelin canon allegedly involves 1 nude groupie tied spreadeagle to a bed, 1 live, wriggling baby shark, and.. well, perhaps we should leave it at that. However, the band's head roadie Richard Cole says the tale is a terrible, terrible lie! What does Cole say was really the case?
- Ozzy Osbourne is forever banned from San Antonio, Texas. Why?
- Why didn't Marvin Gaye buy his dad a Father's Day card in 1984?
- In the documentary Cocksucker Blues, an unfortunate woman is grabbed by a lusty roadie, forcibly stripped nude, molested, and generally disempowered. Naturally, your Rolling Stones aren't the sort of guys to just stand by and do absolutely nothing. Mick and the boys plunge into the action by racing to the scene and doing what?
- What, in Beatle parlance, was a "knee-trembler"?
- What, in Michael Jackson parlance, is a "rubba"?
- In the days before channel clickers, how did Elvis Presley switch away from programming not to his liking (especially featuring Robert Goulet)?
- The Doors' Jim Morrison got into major trouble as a result of which scientific experiment in light refraction?
- Country legend Waylon Jennings did the Big Bopper a personal favor. Why wasn't the Big Bopper all that grateful?
- When James Brown was finally pulled over by police after his angel dust-driven interstate car chase, did the Godfather of Soul:
- a) Offer no further resistance
- b)Furiously struggle until shocked with a taser gun
- c) Sing a medley of "Get On The Good Foot" and "Georgia On My Mind" while doing the funky James Brown spin dance
- Cher has had at least four longterm liaisons with famous music slugs. Name them.
- What was Cynthia Plaster Caster's claim to fame in music?
- What does David Bowie consider his fondest memory of the years 1974 and 1975?
- Ringo Starr sued in court to prevent the release of an album recorded by him. What explanation did he offer for wanting to quash the album?
- What difficulty did Sinatra wanna-be Harry Connick, Jr. have with his luggage at New York's JFK Airport?
- In the Madonnamentary, Truth Or Dare, Madonna pleasantly greets Kevin Costner, only to brutally mock him the moment his back is turned. What does Costner do to merit such treatment?
- Jimi Hendrix' headband served more than just a decorative function. Explain how.
- What country singer had to put out an album for the sole purpose of paying off part of his massive IRS tax bill?
- What vegetarian post-punk mama has advocated violent terrorist actions against the imperialist running dog McDonald's?
- He gave the world the beautiful love ballads "Scabs On My Dick" and "Stinkfinger Clit". But the great G.G. Allin's inadvertant overdose ended his often-stated dream to do what on stage? Also, please describe the stage act of this misunderstood poet and genius.
- Why was Paul McCartney's world tour interrupted for 10 days in 1980?
- Exactly half the members of the group Badfinger ended their career in what fashion?
**From the accompanying list of 51 names, identify the rock star to
experience the 31 following incidents:
David Bowie Michael Jackson Prince
Boy George Mick Jagger Keith Richards
James Brown Billy Joel Lionel Richie
Johnny Cash Elton John Kenny Rogers
David Cassidy Brian Jones Axl Rose
Dick Clark John Lennon Slash
Phil Collins Huey Lewis Phil Spector
Ray Davies Madonna Bruce Springsteen
John Denver J. Mascis Steven Stills
Robin Gibb Paul McCartney Sting
Al Green Freddie Mercury Pete Townshend
Hammer Keith Moon 2Pac
George Harrison Rick Nelson Eddie Van Halen
Debbie Harry John Oates Sid Vicious
Jimi Hendrix Yoko Ono Joe Walsh
Whitney Houston Jimmy Page Barry White
Englebert Humperdinck Elvis Presley Frank Zappa
Big chunk of teeth fell out of mouth during interview--
- Left cat turds in hallway for husband to step in when he woke up--
- Publically lobbied for passengerhood on the space shuttle, promising to compose the first song in orbit in return--
- Reported to have set cockpit of plane afire while freebasing cocaine; crashed and died--
- Only got to be on "We Are The World" because Prince threw a snit-fit about the one-line contribution offered to him by Michael Jackson--
- Took a soundtrack he'd done to the Rock of Gibraltar to play it for the apes that live there; when they "didn't like it," he began sobbing hysterically and never released it--
- Once hospitalized after a drunken fight with an ostrich--
- Punched a hole into the wall next to Don Kirshner's head, and screamed, "That could have been your face!"--
- Non-peaceably bashed Abbie Hoffman over the head with his guitar at Woodstock--
- In order to remove guitarist Lou Barlow from his band, announced that the band was breaking up, then re-formed one day later with everybody else except Barlow--
- Says he has the power to heal the sick by laying on hands--
- Charged over 800 dollars per copy for his autobiography--
- Rejected from the Monkees auditions for having disgusting teeth--
- Had a mixing studio designed in the shape of a giant gold vagina (complete with 2-foot-tall clitoris)--
- Challenged Michael Jackson to a "dance-off" with Jackson's sequinned glove as the prize; absolutely nobody cared--
- While charged with counts of rape, murder, and attempted murder, won an NAACP "Image Award"--
- Accused by ex-wife of stealing photos of their old dogs, so he could transport their souls into the bodies of his new dogs--
- While dressed in full sequined drag, he had his limo driven around for hundreds of miles, and would only allow his chauffeur to address him as "Miss Ross"--
- One of his favorite pranks was to dress up a friend as a priest and send him onto the streets of London, then drive back around, jump out of the car, and pretend to brutally beat, kick, and kidnap him for the benefit of onlookers--
- Publically angry that his old songs were being used in ads, still allowed Buddy Holly's "Oh Boy!" to be used as "Oh Buick!"--
- Claims to have 5-hour-long orgasms--
- Enjoyed watching through one-way mirror as 14-year-old girls wrestled only in white cotton panties--
- Thrown out of a Smothers Brothers concert for heckling the pair while wearing a tampon on his forehead--
- Showed his wife a special gift he'd had made for her: a glass coffin with her wax effigy inside--
- A longtime trivia favorite, he set the standard for rockers by
causing over 20,000 dollars' worth of damage to his hotel roomx..
with a chainsaw--
- Found Jesus after a fight where his girlfriend permanently scarred
him by throwing a pan of scalding grits onto him in a bathtub--
- Set up a 1-800 "fan club" number to get a fresh crop of groupies--
- Enjoyed a moment of sodomy with one of his fans, through a hole in the fence surrounding his home--
- Named in a paternity suit, he argued that he couldn't be the father because his heroin habit made him impotent back then--
- His casual revelation of his three-way marriage led to the sedate British headline, a"MY WIFE'S A LESBO-- AND I LOVE IT!!"c--
- Forced his publicist to break in his boots by walking around in them, so they'd be nice and comfy before he got to town--
YOUR DISS, YOUR DISS, IS ON MY LIST
When musicians want to fight back against other musicians, what better way to do it than by misusing their God-given gifts? Give the insulterr and insulter for each of the following:
WHAT'S YOUR NAME, SHOOBY-DOO-WOP-BA-DAAAH!
- What band got its name from a dildo?
- What band got its name from the British slang for men who gerbil?
- What two bands got their respective names from the average amount of male ejaculate per orgasm?
- What band named themselves after vaginal discharge, then tried to cover their tracks by claiming it was really a tribute to their favorite NBA star?
BEAVIS & BUTT-HEAD 5-SECOND REVIEWS
- Those inveterate musicologists have shown an uncanny knack for encapsulating an artist or a video in one concise, pithy sound byte. From the B & B-H quote, identify the person/group being discussed.
- "Why does that guy keep saying he can dance? His dancing sucks!"
- "That isn't Manute Bol-- Manute Bol sings better than this!"
- "These guys are cool-- for a bunch of mimes!"
- "Hey, Beavis-- I thought you were Daddy's little cutie!"
"Shut up, bunghole!"
- "That's not Pearl Jam, dumbass!"
"I'm glad to see you're learning, Beavis."
- "This sounds like folk music!"
"Yeah, but it gets cool later."
- "I heard that *BAND NAME HERE* is French for 'we're wusses'."
- "This must be that band with George Michael, Kenny G, and Snow."
- "He's that old dude from Africa who used to be in the Beatles."
- The cover of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Abbey Road EP differed in two distinct ways from the original cover of the Beatles album. How so?
- As for the Beatles, their most notorious album cover was for Yesterday & Today, until Capitol Records yanked it off the printing presses. Describe this gory collectable.
- A Beatles-related album cover that was not censored-- unfortunately- was John Lennon & Yoko Ono's Two Virgins. Describe that cover.
- A naked woman, slathered in oil, on all fours, wearing a dog collar, with a black leather glove being thrust in her face. Now that's an album cover. Whose?
- Another censored LP cover was for the Rolling Stones' Beggars Banquet. It wouldn't be seen officialy until released on CD over 20 years later. Describe this shocking, shocking cover.
- What do the covers of the eponymous Blind Faith and Nirvana's Nevermind have in common?
- What do the covers of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here and the eponymous Rage Against the Machine have in common?
- When some stores refused to carry Jane's Addiction's Nothing's Shocking album because of the cover art, what did the band replace it with?
And now, the musical group that is by far the most sex-crazed, drug-addled, bitterly divided, and just plain demented in the history of rock 'n roll! Yes, ladies and gents, will you join me please in welcoming---
THE BEACH BOYS!
EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY, DON'T IT
- How did the Wilson boys' deranged daddy use his glass eyeball to punish the young lads?
- Another borderline-insane punishment in the Wilson household involved Brian Wilson and a newspaper, for the entertainment/enlightenment of the entire family. Please elaborate.
- What unique design arrangement was made to Brian Wilson's living room, in order to inspire his beach life songwriting?
- Mike Love is never seen without his stupid baseball caps, because Boys should not be bald. After an inebriated Dennis Wilson ripped off Mike's hat onstage, how did Mr. Love react?
- What was Mike Love's reaction to the death of Dennis Wilson?
- A certain L.A. figure attached himself to the Beach Boys in the hopes that their influence would get him a record contract. However, even though the Beach Boys recorded one of his songs, it didn't happen. What did this songwriter have to do to get his album Lie released?
- For two years, Brian Wilson didn't want to do this because he feared that fire might come out-- or gas-- or snakes-- or, most terrifying of all, nothing at all. What everyday activity did the surfin' psycho skip?
- Eugene Landy is credited as co-writer of Brian Wilson's "Love And Mercy" and "Melt Away." Who is Eugene?
- Pick a Beach Boy (Brian Wilson, Murry Wilson (Dad), Dennis Wilson, Mike Love) who did one of the following:
- Stood naked on kitchen tables during breakfast.
- When visited by Paul McCartney, hid inside a shed and sobbed until Paul finally just went away.
- Had sex with another Beach Boy's daughter, just to piss him off.
- Claims he secretly helped write part of the Beatles' White Album.
- Believed his music had the power to start fires.
Since we will probably never get to see them, please draw your best approximation of those police photos taken of Michael Jackson at the height of his boy-sex scandal.