[Jewonthis] WCJA Statement Regarding BLM & Anti-Racism

Chester, Evan egc2 at williams.edu
Tue Jun 2 18:28:32 EDT 2020

Hello Everyone,

This past week has been a major moment in exposing the extent of police
brutality and the pervasiveness of anti-Blackness in America as well as the
growth of the resistance against these forces. The leadership of WCJA have
been working on writing a statement sharing our support for the Black Lives
Matter movement as well as starting to consider ways we can combat the
normative racism in WCJA and make sure our organization remains open and
supportive to Black Jews, Jew of Color, and all other marginalized members
of our community.

We are writing to invite you to a Zoom meeting
<https://zoom.us/j/99665201703?pwd=WGR2WEkzeFJTYVFzSXhMRXpsSWNuZz09> (password
9F207G if prompted) at 2:30pm EST tomorrow, June 3rd, to discuss this
statement as well as some of the programs and initiatives we can invest in
to ensure that WCJA becomes and stays an inclusive space. We look forward
to starting these conversations.

For those who need support in the interim or later, feel free to reply to
this email, send an email to one of the other presidents/vps of WCJA (mab9,
kes7, sbw2) or reach out to the Chaplain's Office
<https://chaplain.williams.edu/can-we-help/>.

- WCJA Board