[TSAW] Fwd: Greetings from the Williams Asian & Asian American Alumni Network (WAAAAN)

Lin, Lorelei lyl3 at williams.edu
Thu Nov 2 15:30:02 EDT 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Williams Asian & Asian American Alumni Network <ephwaaaan at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Nov 2, 2023 at 3:18 PM
Subject: Greetings from the Williams Asian & Asian American Alumni Network
(WAAAAN)
To: Ashley Shan <as65 at williams.edu>, Serah Park <sp29 at williams.edu>, Anj
Raman <ar19 at williams.edu>, Kayla Chang <kc27 at williams.edu>, Katherine Bai <
kyb1 at williams.edu>, Edward Li <el13 at williams.edu>, Ria Kedia <
rk18 at williams.edu>, Aishvarya Bedi <ab33 at williams.edu>, Hannah Yoon <
hy4 at williams.edu>, Kushal Dhakal <kd15 at williams.edu>, Himal Pandey <
hrp3 at williams.edu>, Robin Kitazono <rrk2 at williams.edu>, Rika Nakato <
rn6 at williams.edu>, Gautam Ramasamy <gr6 at williams.edu>, Prom Kingchatchaval <
pk8 at williams.edu>, Zayneb Moin <zm3 at williams.edu>, Lamia Haque <
ljh1 at williams.edu>, Sama Kreidi <stk2 at williams.edu>, Taki, Dania <
dat6 at williams.edu>, Lorelei Lin <lyl3 at williams.edu>, Timothy Chen <
thc1 at williams.edu>, Matthew Wu <mw17 at williams.edu>, Shangbo Jing <
tj1 at williams.edu>, <jmc8 at williams.edu>

We hope this school year has gotten off to a good start for all of your
organizations (and if we've missed anyone, please let us know). We wanted
to take a moment to introduce the Williams Asian & Asian American Alumni
Network (WAAAAN) and invite you to partner with us.

WAAAAN was formed 30 years ago as a resource for support, advice and
networking for Asian and Asian American Williams alumni and students.  Its
goals are to:

   - Strengthen relationships among Asian and Asian American alumni and the
   College
   - Encourage discussion and awareness of issues facing the Asian and
   Asian American community both at and outside of the College
   - Promote social justice alongside other Williams alumni networks

Last year WAAAAN hosted two career panels for students (focusing on law and
tech) and a networking event with alumni representing more than a dozen
industries. We created a summer program matching students with local alumni
across the country and hosted picnics, hikes, museum outings and parties
for Asian American Williams students and alumni. We also sponsored an
information session on the new Asian American Studies program and continue
to have active conversations with the department.

We want to know how we can be a resource for you in 2023-24. Career
advising? Talks? Zoom social events? Something else? Please send us your
thoughts, suggestions and ideas.

For those among your membership who are looking for greater engagement (and
perhaps a paragraph on their resume), *WAAAAN is looking for some student
connections on campus. *We need some occasional administrative assistance
making posters and graphics, help boosting our social media presence, and
help getting the word out about our events and learning what's going on
campus. The time commitment would be very flexible. Anyone who's interested
can email us at ephwaaaan at gmail.com.

Lastly, WAAAAN and the Office of Alumni Engagement would like to invite you
to stop by The Log after Saturday's game for some snacks, socializing and
swag.

[image: Homecoming with WAAAAN Image]
<https://airtable.com/appi8o3gujKYVC3Ek/shry5i8RszcXphqEC>

Hope to see you there! With best wishes for the year,

Thuy Tran '84
Vidisha Patel '85
Audrey Chan '89
Shawei Wang '96
Janet Ho '03
*WAAAAN Steering Committee*

[image: image.png]

*The Williams Asian & Asian American Network (WAAAAN) is a resource for
support, advice and contacts to Asian and Asian American alumni, students,
and the College. Its mission is to forge lifelong relationships among Asian
and Asian American alumni; to preserve and enrich the bond between Asian
and Asian American alumni and the College; to encourage discussion and
awareness of issues and concerns facing the Asian and Asian American
community within and outside of the College; to promote social justice
alongside other Williams College alumni networks.*
*Interested in learning more?  Contact us here
<https://forms.gle/qReQ4UiJuLY5T3vn9> or at ephwaaaan at gmail.com
<ephwaaaan at gmail.com>.*