[WCFMRadio] WCFM DJ Feature Week 2

Pyle, Phillip pjp1 at williams.edu
Thu Feb 21 12:37:48 EST 2019

Howdy everyone,

In case anyone doesn't have Facebook or Instagram (or a crippling social
media addiction like me), I thought I should send the weekly show features
in here too. These short feature stories are a good way to find new shows
and hear about what your fellow DJs are up to.
Amid the dim studio and warm fairy lights, Frank Ocean’s “Forrest Gump”
plays as Carolyn Kim ’22, Olive White ’22, and Cindy Wang ’20 settle into
their show Wednesday Night Interlude. The three sing along as they discuss
Channel Orange, Blonde, and their obsession with “Self Control.” The
Interlude doesn’t conform to any particular genre – it jumps from Neo-R&B
to Hip Hop to Bedroom Pop in the hour-long segment.

“No offense, it’s so much better,” Wang says as she play Daniel Caesar’s
“Streetcar,” referencing its cover of Kanye’s “Streetlights.” Wang then
goes on to describe how the song reminds her of Schow Library, an
unconventional yet understandable connection. White and Kim bounce back
with their negative opinions of Schow and subsequent affinity for Sawyer –
a good choice indeed. This is the general feel of the show. It’s a relaxing
atmosphere adorned with smooth instrumentals, lo-fi vocals, and references
to other music.

At one point, all three rise from their chairs to perform their rehearsed
dance to “Thotiana” by Blue Face. White even goes as far to say that they
might “bring out the dance this weekend (presumably at Hoxsey).”

>From sitting in on one show, you can feel the closeness between the DJs.
They bounce opinions off one another while occasionally speaking into the
mics to introduce new songs or the stories behind them. Wednesday Night
Interlude’s DJs all admit to having similar music taste but have their own
“corners” of taste that they inhabit.

Tune in to Wednesday Night Interlude on humpdays at 10 p.m. if you want to
hear chill tracks and friendly banter.
[image: image.png]

FYI I'm pretty sure Lil Pump and Kehlani are both releasing new music
tomorrow.

Have a good Thursday,

Phillip Pyle '22

WCFM News/PR Director

<https://www.facebook.com/wcfm919/photos/a.1020821531332980/2203613109720477/?type=3&eid=ARCg3NS9SOiu1-P_V1t78R4O_DxtBX8fckMNf_T4PQclrOrBR18UUhRV7QghJKF5Q4JBArqHUYY3sJfL&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARA6nt3eSnCupndm3Wt8cKj9sV1tYvHeVPJd_V2c91klq_jXPiGt9thIxnjRl29T4F0GKY3WkGEyD_1Kzjrxwgc8OzoeEIb_mKVGUZqMgXITOaeDX9x-p6Ivm0z9FB1QpvS_49kCZeA-UUcdMWEMA_CwG18pwjE_F4dvyC53z5x4_iF33S79I-gOOvnkQ6O3idCaJFcf9vIUkH0Un6ZctgFFA2dEHNryZe2cNcB8RmPEQSfFWKDT54ZC0CGlNt--Cv5gg4rb5n-BfbYbMz2YpLJa9ejDt-X7yeqNOgAIMxTtQm8NT2LqwkjdS_9NrokRAjDVnzNPO0JwYth_z2OqmOi_mA&__tn__=EEHH-R>