Tomorrow's free time, today.
WARP (the Williams Association of Role-Players) is a club dedicated to roleplaying and similar Odd Quad-type activities. The club is noted for its laissez-faire organization; traditionally WARP only holds one meeting, at the beginning of the year, and thereafter organizes through its listserver in smaller groups. (If it sounds fragmented and chaotic, that's because it is.) Although roleplaying is a primary focus of WARP, it coordinates a variety of similar activities. Among them are bopswording, Laser Tag, board games, card games, and whatever else comes to mind. Starting in the 2008-2009 year, WARP has also held free movie showings in Paresky on the weekends and organized outings to conventions like NonCon.
The WARP listserver, in addition to serving as the coordination tool of the club, also serves the valuable purpose of a spam conduit, down which people send links to strange news articles, online games, and other procrastination aids. The listserver is also a good place to settle important fantasy-battle questions, like "who would win in a fight: a cave troll, or a pack of velociraptors?" Finally, the WARP listserver is an excellent place to observe WARP crust in action, since many WARP members never leave the listserver even after graduation.
Traditionally WARP has two "real" officer positions: the Figurehead (president) and the Shadowy Grand Vizier (treasurer). In practice, WARP has a long hierarchy of ever-fluctuating ceremonial titles, the most enduring of which is the Not-Pope.
Past leaders have included:
- 2008-2009: Erik Morton ('09) (Figurehead) and Edward Newkirk ('09) (Shadowy Grand Vizier)
- 2007-2008: Sean Hayes ('08) (Figurehead) and Edward Newkirk ('09) (Shadowy Grand Vizier)
- 2006-2007: Kat Jong ('07) (Figurehead) and Sean Hayes ('08) (Shadowy Grand Vizier)
- 2005-2006: Amanda R. Van Rhyn '06 (Figurehead) and Jake F. Manley '07 (Shadowy Grand Vizier)
- 2004-5: Jeff Dougherty '05 and Jake Mandel '05, Co-Presidents and Seth Zeren '05, Holder of the Purse Strings