Ben Chaffin's Home Page
- A Google Maps scavenger hunt – for my exchange gift for the seventh Gathering for Gardner (G4G7) I created a puzzle-solving scavenger hunt based around Google maps.
- No-Three-In-Line – a fun combinatorial problem: how many points can you place on an NxN grid so that no three of them are in a straight line?
- Paterson’s Worms – A tiny number of simple rules for walking around a triangular grid can produce some surprisingly complex and beautiful behavior.
- Making movies out of individual frames – this is not as easy as it sounds. Here’s my method, and links to the tools I found.
- My ancient senior thesis on aperiodic tiling.
Word and Language Resources
- Wordsmith’s word of the day:
- The Dict Development Group: allows regular expression searches. Its main resource is the Webster’s Revised Unabridged 1913 dictionary, but it also contains a number of other smaller databases.
- Merriam Webster Online: your basic dictionary and thesaurus.
- Rhymezone rhyming dictionary: essential when wrestling with a would-be-clever turn of phrase.
You can find me at email@example.com.