Looking for a motivated student to be our Front Desk "Traffic Controller"!Posted Wednesday May 4 by Dawn Schoorlemmer
The Career Center is looking for a talented, energetic student worker to serve as our front desk “flight traffic controller.” You will work closely with and be mentored by the Office Manager to answer questions, direct students appropriately, work on social media and recruiting projects, and generally make the Career Center an inviting place for all students. BONUS: learn the nuances of the job search while you work!
* Support the Career Center’s front desk by greeting guests (students, alumni and employers), scheduling appointments, answering phones, and helping direct students to the right people and resources.
* Ability to multitask at a busy front desk is crucial.
* Maintain and expand the Career Center’s presence on social media (Facebook and Twitter).
* Generate excitement among the student population around Career Center events through creative marketing efforts, signage, social media, etc.
• Create a welcoming presence for visitors to the Center.
• Must be utterly reliable and able to work independently. Must also be able to handle confidential information and follow FERPA guidelines.
• Comfortable working with technology, especially social media outlets.
• Friendly and outgoing for frontline position.
• Open to rising sophomores, juniors or seniors.
• Reliably available for two consecutive hours between 11:30AM and 3PM M – F.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter via Route 2 by May 12, 2016. Look for the posting under Williams Career Center...it's easy!