The Career Center is hiring a Front Desk & Social Media AssistantPosted Wednesday May 4 by Dawn Schoorlemmer
Are you a social media guru? Do you enjoy a busy workplace? The Career Center is looking for a responsible, energetic, social media-savvy student to serve as our Front Desk & Social Media Assistant. You’ll work closely with, and be mentored by, our office manager on a number of projects throughout the school year. Be ready to answer questions, assist students, boost our social media pages, and generally make the Career Center an inviting place to visit. BONUS: learn the nuances of the job search while you work!
- Support the Career Center’s front desk by greeting guests (students, alumni, and employers), answering phones, and helping direct students to appropriate resources and advisers.
- Maintain and expand the Career Center’s presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Generate excitement among the student population around Career Center events through creative marketing efforts and social media.
- Special projects as needed.
- Must be completely reliable and able to work independently. Must also be able to handle confidential information and follow FERPA guidelines.
- Comfortable working with technology, especially social media outlets; must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge and ideas of how to increase traffic. - We’re looking for someone with social media experience (from another job or personal use) who can take our pages to a new level.
- Friendly and outgoing demeanor for greeting visitors.
- Must be professional speaking on the phone.
- Open to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- Reliably available for two consecutive hours a day, between 11:30AM and 3pm, Monday through Friday. Some flexibility may be an option for the right candidate.
Please explain in your cover letter what kind of social media experience you bring to the position. Share any links that might demonstrate your online media skills! Apply through Route 2 (employer is Williams Career Center) by May 8th.