Contest Main Page
The following catch phrases come from all realms of the trivial world (movies, TV, sports, ads, etc.). Identify them in an appropriate manner-- from what TV show or movie, for what product, from the mouth of what sports star, etc. Please return to Trivia Central by 4 AM.
Please answer next to quote-- use space below if it gets too messy.
- We have all the time in the world.
"The Time Machine." (1960) Spoken by George (Rod Taylor)
- Sit on it!
"Happy Days"; spoken by Fonzie & others.
- It's clobbering time!
"The Fantastic Four"; spoken by the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing.
- Exit, stage right.
Spoken by Snagglepuss, from various Hanna-Barbera appearances.
- I'd like to thank my maker.....
Spoken by Rochester, in "Jane Eyre."
- ....rich, Corinthian leather.....
Spoken by Ricardo Montalban, extolling the Cordova automobile's seat coverings.
- We're burnin' daylight.
"The Cowboys"; spoken by John Wayne.
- Our stars are briefed.....
"Hollywood Squares"; spoken by host Peter Marshall.
- If Namath is worth $400,000, then I'm worth a million.
Spoken by Bill Wade, Chicago Bears QB.
- I coulda been a contender.....
"On the Waterfront"; spoken by Marlon Brando as Terry Malloy.
- RUN AWAY!
"Monty Python and the Holy Grail"; spoken by Arthur & Co. at various times.
- Help, Mr. Wizard.
"King Leonardo & His Short Subjects"; spoken by Tooter Turtle.
- .....lasts a long time.
Spoken in TV commercials for Certs breath mints.
- How long can you tread water?
Spoken by God, to Noah (according to Bill Cosby).
- Looking at the 2 parts of the puzzle, can you tell us what it says?
"Concentration"; spoken by host Hugh Downs to innumerable contestants.
- You know how to whistle, don't you? You just put your lips together, and blow.
"To Have and Have Not"; spoken by Lauren Bacall, as Slim.
- .....even shank buttons.....
Spoken in one of the mid-70s ads for Ronco products ("NOW how much would you pay? But wait, there's more!").
- Is it safe?
"Marathon Man"; spoken by Laurence Olivier as Nazi dentist Szell.
- Surprise, surprise, surprise!
"Gomer Pyle, USMC"; spoken by Jim Nabors (as Pyle).
- I got one question. How come there're FOUR life jackets?
- Spanning the globe.....
"ABC's Wide World of Sports" intro; spoken by Jim McKay.
- Thank God for instant replay!
Spoken by the Green Bay Packers' Jerry Kramer, referring to the final play of "The Ice Bowl."
- PROGNOSIS: NEGATIVE.
"Dark Victory"; spoken by Bette Davis as Judy Traherne.
- Think of it as money.
Spoken in TV ads for U.S. Savings Bonds.
- SPREAD OUT!
"The Phil Silvers Show"; spoken by Sgt. Bilko (Phil Silvers).
- You talkin' to ME?
"Taxi Driver"; spoken by Robert DeNiro as Travis Bickle.
- When it's right, it's right.....
"Afternoon Delight" by the Starland Vocal Band; part of the song's lyrics.
- So what if I'm getting paid more than the President? I had a better year than he did last year!
Spoken by Babe Ruth, 1930.
- Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies....(sung)
"Jaws"; spoken by Robert Shaw as Capt. Quint.
- Open Channel D.
"The Man From U.N.C.L.E."; spoken by Napoleon Solo , or Illya Kuryakin.
- Who ARE those guys?
"Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"; spoken by Paul Newman as Butch.
- I just play it fast and loose.
"The Hustler"; spoken by Paul Newman as Fast Eddie Felson.
- God'll getcha for that!
"Maude"; spoken by Bea Arthur.
- Speaking of Sports.
Spoken by Howard Cosell.
- He likes it. Mikey likes it!
Mikey's brother, in the TV ad for Life cereal.
- Daddy, I think I just got cider squirted in my ear.
"Guys and Dolls"; spoken by Marlon Brando as Sky Masterson.
- What we have here is failure to communicate.
"Cool Hand Luke"; spoken by Strother Martin (as the Captain).
- Marvin, what do we do now?
"The Candidate"; spoken by Robert Redford as Bill McKay.
- He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules!
Spoken by U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Earl Butz (referring to the Pope's views on birth control).
- Womb to tomb, birth to earth.
"West Side Story"; spoken by Tony & Riff.
- I know nothing, NOTHING!
"Hogan's Heroes"; spoken by Sgt. Shultz
- .....my little pretty.....
"The Wizard of Oz"; spoken by the Wicked Witch of the West (Margaret Hamilton).
- Mama mia, thatsa spicy meatball!
Spoken by the lead actor in the commerciual-within-a-commercial for Alka-Seltzer.
- Flame on!
"The Fantastic Four"; spoken by the Human Torch (Johnny Storm).
- Take your hands off me, you..... you..... that's what you are!
- We have a fire.
- The most trusted name in electronics.
Spoken in commercials for RCA.
- Mother always liked you best!
Spoken by Tommy Smothers, of the Smothers Brothers.
- One of these days, Alice, POW! Right in the kisser!
"The Honeymooners"; spoken by Jackie Gleason as Ralph Kramden.
- It's a blizzard!