[Ephlats] Transposed Everglow mp3

Ball-Burack, Ari arb7 at williams.edu
Tue Apr 9 11:04:21 EDT 2019

What's Good Hosses,

I'm realizing I've said a lot of times that some of the most confusing
parts of the Everglow arrangement follow pretty closely from the recording,
and that it might help to listen to the original. I'm also realizing that
that's not super helpful given that the original is a whole step higher and
I haven't offered much further guidance. So, I transposed an mp3 down a
step (forgive Chris Martin's hilarious hulky voice) and here are some
timestamps of tricky areas:

0:26, 2:14, 2:20, etc. — senior red part (it's one voice in the recording
but gives a sense of timing)
1:42 — tough bell chord (also at 2:59) — the timing and notes are identical!
2:40 — tough sop riff — note the timing, it comes early
3:38 — BRIDGE — some notes:

   - Afoma's and Hallie's red parts mimic the cello (?) right at 3:38
   - Caley and Grace come in with "I miss you..." at 3:42
   - Rainer and Ty come in with "I met..." right on 3:44
   - Amanda mimics the piano run (same as at 2:40) at 3:49, then...
   - Amanda's red part is the high instrument (a wind something?) at 3:51

4:10 — the instrumental part at the end, give a listen for the different
moving parts and how they work together

Hopefully this is helpful for doing work on your own time, and also now you
can "graduate" from practicing with the musescore to practicing with this,
whee. Thanks so much guys, this is sounding really good, just thought I'd
send this along.

Love,
Ari

--