[Parlor Tricks] Winter Zines & Get Together (Open Invite)

Harrison, Charles cah5 at williams.edu
Tue Mar 5 01:17:37 EST 2019

Hi Everyone!

In case you were wondering what has been happening over the last month and
a half, the Parlor Tricks board has faced its fair share of hurdles.
However, right now we are moving forward with more aplomb than I think we
have shown at any prior point this academic year. I'm pleased to announce
that we are in the process of printing our winter zines, which we will have
in hand by next week! We are also putting together a launch event for ya'll
and the rest of the Williams community next week, so stay tuned for details.

On a more technical note, I'd like to clear up a couple of logistical items
as we move along in the process of putting together our annual spring
publication. First and foremost, I want to thank Lisa Zhang for taking up a
TON of responsibility on the winter zine project, and for motivating me to
personally invest more critical energy into the magazine. As many of you
know, I assumed responsibility for the Parlor Tricks back in November when
Emily decided to step down. This decision was based on my sense of duty and
dedication to this group after several years of more peripheral
involvement, but to be honest I have rarely thought that I am an exemplar
for leading this kind of group by myself. After several illuminating
discussions, Lisa and I have decided to run the magazine together for the
rest of the year, and we are very excited about what we will accomplish
together with our 2019 spring issue. Secondly, everyone should know that
Tiffany and Alessandra will be managing editors for the spring issue --
they have also played very important roles within our board this year and
wish to continue being centrally involved. If you have any pressing
questions as we work on the spring issue, please direct them to one of the
four of us! The rest of the board positions will remain the same going
forward.

Lastly, I'd like to invite everyone to a group dinner this Friday at 5pm in
Dodd living room. We are planning to order food from Berkshire Palate (a
great new business, if you didn't know, plus it'll be paid for by the
school thanks to our dearth of events so far this year), and get some
important thoughts and ideas on the table before everyone heads into
midterms and spring break. We are excited to see this community grow and
expand into the future, so feel free to join us if you have anything you'd
like to add to the discussion or simply want to hang out and eat some
gourmet food.

That's all for now. Happy midterms!

Best,
Chuck