[SIPD] Upcoming SIPD Event: OneVoice Movement Workshop & Training (Wednesday, 10/30, 7-9pm)

Rebecca Tauber ret5 at williams.edu
Thu Oct 24 23:04:42 EDT 2019

Hello!

This Wednesday from 7-9pm in Hopkins 001 Students for Israeli Palestinian Dialogue (SIPD) will be hosting a workshop and training in collaboration with the OneVoice Movement <https://www.onevoicemovement.org/>. The workshop is designed to educate you not only on the fundamentals of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, but also give you access to proven and effective grassroots organizing methods, conflict mediation/negotiation strategies, and more.

RSVP to this super quick google form <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkkpxpFvbC6CEn193bK8-QcVOtEhG65T-2w2D7HRSeQb-iKQ/viewform> and get free Blue Mango!

If you have any questions, concerns, or hesitations, please feel free to reach out to me, Hannah Goldstein, or our advisors (Seth and Bilal), cc-ed on this email!

Enjoy this beautiful weather and hope to see you next Wednesday!

Rebecca Tauber & Hannah Goldstein

*At SIPD, we welcome all people, and work to create a compassionate environment no matter your level of knowledge about the conflict, political opinions, and identity*

PS - A little more about OneVoice and our badass organizer, Anour Esa:
OneVoice on Campus is a college program uniquely designed to empower and mobilize a community of solutions-oriented advocates to engage in a civil discourse on campus and promote a negotiated end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Students are equipped with the necessary skills to shift the culture of their own campuses by building a diverse coalition of partners and pushing back against rising cases of Islamophobia and anti-Semitism, especially as it relates to conversations around the conflict.

About the organizer: Anour Esa serves as the New England Regional Organizer for the OneVoice Movement, working with students on college campuses in and around the New England region to create solutions-oriented discourse and action on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Anour has been very involved in the peace-building world since coming to college, and has since worked for organizations such as Seeds of Peace, Our Generation Speaks, and currently, OneVoice. Anour is a Palestinian-German-American and a Palestinian Citizen of Israel, and has lived and worked in Germany, Palestine, and Jordan. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs and Conflict Resolution from the Elliott School of International Affairs at The George Washington University in Washington, DC.