[WCFMRadio] The Weekly Feed

WCFM EMD wcfmemd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:15:44 EST 2017

*STATION NEWS AND EVENTS*
We've received complaints about this, so reminder: NO FOOD (ESPECIALLY ALC)
IN THE STATION!!!

Tired of all that Chainsmokers music at Homecoming? WCFM is throwing a
Homecoming pregame/darty in Doughty this Saturday starting at 10am! SZA
bangers only. RSVP here
<https://williams.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=90e08c32f2&e=8624372a53>
.

The new T-shirts are arriving next week! We still have extras available in
all sizes. If you haven't copped yet and want one, venmo Phoebe $20
(username: Phoebe-Mattana) with your size in the message, or email her
(unix: pdm1) if you'd rather pay in cash.

ACE is bringing Brooklyn rap group Delivery Boys to campus Friday, November
17 at 10pm in Upper Greylock. Homebrew opens. Won't want to miss this,
they're ridiculous.

Check out the Board's Songs of the Week here
<https://williams.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=b8521d8efe&e=8624372a53>
.

Have question ideas for WCFM Trivia Night @ The Log on November 30? Send us
your submissions here
<https://williams.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=dfb121fa45&e=8624372a53>
*SHOW OF THE WEEK*

*THE SOUL CYCLE ~  with DJ HanSwag and Lev Gordon*

*TUESDAYS @ 8-9 PM*

*GENRE: Soul, R&B, Funk, Hip-hop*

*Hannah Tager & Lev Gordon*
The Soul Cycle is equal parts grounded and transportive, mixing Otis
Redding croons with Goldlink mumbles and Motown Sound with OVO Sound. DJ
HanSwag and Lev are self-proclaimed masters of the studio phone, promoting
their weekly radio show with the studio phone number. Of course, they might
also be the only ones who know how to use it. Check out their full,
Marxist-leaning profile here
<https://williams.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=4e2e213839&e=8624372a53>
.
*FEATURED MUSIC*
*Without Warning*
21 Savage, Offset & Metro Boomin

The trend of high-profile, out-of-nowhere rap collabs continues with
Atlanta heavy-hitters 21 Savage, Offset, and Metro Boomin dropping the
aptly-titled *Without Warning*. It's a match made in heaven - Offset's
rapid-fire flows complement 21's chilling monotone delivery, and Metro
brings out the best in both of them with his eerie production. Key tracks:
“Ric Flair Drip,” “Still Serving,” “Ghostface Killers.”
------------------------------
------------------------------

*Love What Survives*
Mount Kimbie

Mount Kimbie takes electronic music back to its deconstructive roots on
Love What Survives, a collection of genre-bending tracks that thrive off
their simplicity*. *The drum machine takes center stage on the
rhythm-centric album, producing off-kilter patterns off which featured
artists like James Blake and King Krule riff. Key tracks: “SP12 Beat,”
“Four Years and One Day,” “We Go Home Together (feat. James Blake).”
------------------------------
------------------------------

*Willowbank*
Yumi Zouma

Rising New Zealand band Yumi Zouma makes really cloudy music. It's
undeniably fun, but there's a forlorn longing present on every song,
yielding a sort of Lorde-esque irresistibility. Their latest release
*Willowbank* is drenched in lush synths and guitars but is ultimately
carried by lead singer Kim Pflaum's ghostly vocals and songwriting. Key
tracks: “Depths (Pt. I),” “In Blue,” “Ostra.”
------------------------------
------------------------------

*tune in @ wcfm.williams.edu
<https://williams.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=24406d3913&e=8624372a53>*

This email was sent to wcfmemd at gmail.com
*why did I get this?*
<https://williams.us16.list-manage.com/about?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=26061f248f&e=8624372a53&c=185cc1ee9f>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://williams.us16.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=26061f248f&e=8624372a53&c=185cc1ee9f>
    update subscription preferences
<https://williams.us16.list-manage.com/profile?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=26061f248f&e=8624372a53>
WCFM 91.9FM · Paresky Center · Williamstown, Ma 01267 · USA

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&afl=1>