[WCFMRadio] The Weekly Feed

WCFM 91.9 wcfmemd at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 19:25:31 EDT 2017

STATION NEWS AND EVENTS
We're DJing outside Paresky this Saturday, 9/23 from 9-5pm. Sign up for a slot here (http://williams.us16.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=d5aff136fe&e=9ed8023f31) .

@new DJs: our Personnel Director Alden Taylor (amt5) will be giving the LAST TWO tour sessions of the semester for DJ training this Tuesday 9/19 & Thursday 9/21 at 6:15pm.

We're looking for t-shirt and sticker design ideas for our next merch run! Send me your best stuff: mps5 at williams.edu
SHOW OF THE WEEK

BIBIMBANGERS ~  with DJ Baby Driver

SATURDAYS @ 8-10 PM

GENRE: Rap, Indie, Pop

Lylia Li

There's bangers, and then there's bibimbangers. What's a bibimbanger? I'm not entirely sure, but I know that Lylia plays nothing but them. Example: "Rigarmortus," by Kendrick Lamar. Let's be honest, Kendrick on his last verse sounds like he ate the spiciest bibimbap of all time. Lylia also spun "See You Again" by Tyler, The Creator, a song that really encompasses the bibimbap flavor profile - that dreamy chorus is like the gooey fried egg, but then the bass hits like the scorching chili paste. That analogy was bad, but Lylia's show isn't. Tune in!
FEATURED MUSIC
Freudian
Daniel Caesar
A Toronto crooner who doesn't resort to the cookie-cutter moody synths and trap drums of the OVO sound? Count me in. Everything about Daniel Caesar is refreshing, from his silky, yet powerful vocals to the gospel and choral influences that pervade his music. Freudian plays like your favorite 90s R&B record but feels like something totally new. Key tracks: "Get You (feat. Kali Uchis)," "Best Part (feat H.E.R.)," "Hold Me Down."

Sudan Archives
Sudan Archives
Singer-songwriter/violinist Sudan Archives is the latest signee to the legendary Stones Throw Records (home to Madlib, Mayor Hawthorne, Aloe Blacc, Madvillain, etc) and her self-titled debut adds to the label's list of quirky, amazing releases. Armed with a sampler, a violin, and stylistic influences from across North and West Africa, Sudan Archives crafted some of the most banging avant-garde songs of the year. Key tracks: "Oatmeal," "Come Meh Way," "Paid."

Brick Body Kids Still Daydream
Open Mike Eagle
Open Mike Eagle might be the smartest rapper in the game. He also might have the biggest heart. His new album Brick Body Kids Still Daydream is an ode to Chicago's Robert Taylor Homes, a public housing project that was destroyed in 2007. Eagle's talent is his control of language and voice, and over a variety of scattered soundbeds, he sounds sharper than ever. Key tracks: "95 Radios (feat. Has-Lo)," "(How Could Anybody) Feel At Home," "Legendary Iron Hood."

tune in @ ** wcfm.williams.edu (http://williams.us16.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=26be3b954f&e=9ed8023f31)

This email was sent to wcfmradio at wso.williams.edu (mailto:wcfmradio at wso.williams.edu)
why did I get this? (http://williams.us16.list-manage.com/about?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=26061f248f&e=9ed8023f31&c=52f9c9a461)     unsubscribe from this list (http://williams.us16.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=26061f248f&e=9ed8023f31&c=52f9c9a461)     update subscription preferences (http://williams.us16.list-manage.com/profile?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=26061f248f&e=9ed8023f31)
WCFM 91.9FM . Paresky Center . Williamstown, Ma 01267 . USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&afl=1