[WCFMRadio] The Weekly Feed 4/11

WCFM EMD wcfmemd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:27:45 EDT 2018

*STATION NEWS AND EVENTS*
Because A Boogie isn't enough music, get ready for a *WCFM party* this
*Saturday* night. Look for more details later in the week.

Check out our *Songs of the Week*:
https://open.spotify.com/user/wcfm91.9/playlist/46xbrcfIdpIqmECXVPStyj

As always, if you're interested in playing a concert or want to be featured
in some music event on campus, contact msp5.
*ARTIST PROFILE*

*The handsome and talented*

*JOSH GREENZEIG*

@melttheband
This feature is a big shout-out to our own Purple Valley superstar. Josh
Greenzeig, '20, is part of Melt, a young band that has already met
tremendous success. Here's Josh's recap of spring break: “If I’m a musician
when I’m older I’m going to look back at this and be like, ‘Wow I’m naïve,’
but I pulled an all-nighter, drove home Thursday from school, left for the
airport at 3am, flew to Austin at 6am, got off the plane, changed,
rehearsed, and was on stage within like two hours—and it’s like I’m doing
this; this is so cool.” Give Melt a listen, and look out for upcoming
singles!
*FEATURED MUSIC*
*There's a Riot Going On*
Yo La Tengo

A combination of influences spanning across popular music from the 20th
century (including 70s disco, surf rock, The Flamingos-style 50’s doo-wop)
Yo La Tengo’s new album There’s a Lot Going On certainly captures the sheer
plentitude of what’s going on in the musical world. Yo La Tengo has been
around for a while--but in the danger zone that is older groups adopting a
stale or outdated sound, Yo La Tengo projects an artistic maturity that
holds its strength in the evolutionary stream of the musical world. Unified
by soothing, Little Dragon-esque musical motifs and incredibly strong
acoustic upright bass lines, There’s a Lot Going On is an album that has a
little bit of everything for everybody, channeling the sheer power of
acoustic simplicity in dialogue with the creative freedom of electronic
experimentation.
*The Underdog*
GUM
*The Underdog* is the fourth solo album by Tame Impala and Pond
multi-instrumentalist Jay Watson who goes by the moniker, GUM. GUM's
ability to traverse multiple genres is evident in his latest sonic
offering. The album is a dystopian soundscape of lo-fi melodies and pulsing
synths. Mixed and recorded himself, with additional drums at Kevin Parker's
home studio, the album has a fun and playful feeling to it. The ideas and
sounds transcend a single style as GUM chooses to explore and develop
musically at this point in his musical career. It uses heavily layered
effects to create a dreamy psychedelic atmosphere, while never losing the
driving grooves that propel each track. Drawing influence from 70s disco,
80s synth-pop, and classic psychedelia,* The Underdog* pulls together an
eclectic range of musical influences for a musical experience.

*Also Check Out: Shinowa - *Flowerdelic
*A Place to Bury Strangers - *Pinned
*Current Joys - *A Different Age
*Naked Giants - *Sluff
Check out our New Music Playlist:

*https://open.spotify.com/user/1286482475/playlist/2IW0gLAvJQJ7KVEXmZLK6F?si=hxRyKW-4SNSlI46q-V5V9g
<https://open.spotify.com/user/1286482475/playlist/2IW0gLAvJQJ7KVEXmZLK6F?si=hxRyKW-4SNSlI46q-V5V9g>*
*tune in @ wcfm.williams.edu
<https://williams.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=f87d3be827&e=8624372a53>*

This email was sent to wcfmemd at gmail.com
*why did I get this?*
<https://williams.us16.list-manage.com/about?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=26061f248f&e=8624372a53&c=7e96482c3e>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://williams.us16.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=26061f248f&e=8624372a53&c=7e96482c3e>
    update subscription preferences
<https://williams.us16.list-manage.com/profile?u=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&id=26061f248f&e=8624372a53>
WCFM 91.9FM · Paresky Center · Williamstown, Ma 01267 · USA

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=d13c9e642ff6ad53b8708db52&afl=1>