|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
Albany Train Station
About an hour drive away from Williams College, great for those traveling anywhere in the area you can get to by train, particularly New York. About double the price of the MTA Wassaic train station, but nearly half the driving time spent from Williamstown.
Getting to the Albany Train Station
Around the Mountain
- Head North on Route 7. You'll enter into Pownal, Vermont.
- Take a left at Rt. 346. This will happen soon after both sides of the street widen to two lanes each. Regardless of your intuition, follow the big yellow arrow signs.
- Eventually 346 will dead end, and you'll take a right on Rt. 22. You aren't on 22 for long--but fortunately, you can't miss your turn, as this road also dead-ends.
- Take a left at the light (on the right should be a Stewart's Gas Station). This will put you on NY-Rt. 7 West (not to be confused with Vermont 7 -- not the same road). Follow this road all the way into Troy. Watch out for cops, especially towards the end of the month.
- Take the exit for I-787 South towards Albany.
- Take exit 5 to merge onto I-90 East towards Boston. It will be on your left side.
- Take exit 7 for Washington Ave towards Rensselaer.
- Turn right at Washington Ave, and follow this downhill curvy road all the way down.
- Turn left at Broadway, and a left at Partition.
- Take a right at East, and it should be on your right.
Google provides cool pictures of the exit signs. [Google Direction Map]