|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
Bronfman Science Center
IMPORTANT: The content of this page is outdated. If you have checked or updated this page and found the content to be suitable, please remove this notice.
Bronfman is arguably the best building on campus. There are several reasons why this is true.
- The math department is in Bronfman.
- The math library is in Bronfman.
- The Art History 101 classes tour Bronfman as an example of great architecture during the architecture section of the class.
However, in 2018, Bronfman was demolished to make space for the new North Science Center.
Departments housed in Bronfman
- Some Chemistry and Physics offices
- Computer labs (PC lab on ground floor and Mac lab in very bottom basement)
- Bronfman Auditorium
- Math Library
- The second and third floors have enclosed ramps to the Biology building.
Bronfman was designed by the same architects as the Greylock Quad, so it exhibits the same brick, glass and concrete design, with the same "floating stairs" effect and the thin windows in the stairwells. However, it does not have the "egg crate" ceilings that the Greylock Quad dorms and Greylock Dining Hall have.
- Bronfman is much bigger than the other science buildings in square footage, but it was designed to blend into the Science Quad and not dwarf the other buildings.