|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
Or, how not to be a total asshole to complete strangers. Please expand.
- Entering or exiting a building: look behind you to see whether anyone else is coming through the same door in the next 5 seconds. If the door will slam in the face of the person behind you, hold it open.
- If you see someone right outside, and opening the door would involve no more effort than extending your arm, go ahead and give it a push.
- In particular, let the pizza dude inside, even if it ain't your pizza. We're lucky to get delivery here.
- If you see someone carrying boxes, ask if there's a door you can open.
- If someone is standing in front of a dorm with a sleeping bag and a prospectus, and appears to be under the age of 20, offer to swipe the person in.
- If you cook in a kitchen, for God's sake, clean up after yourself. Don't leave your spaghetti sauce on the stove top until spring break. If you cook and "that mess was there when I got here," just take a few minutes and clean it up anyway. Your guests probably don't want to eat in filth.
- If there's only one omelet left at the dining hall, ask the person behind you if they want half.
- Don't throw your old sardines, or any other stinky refuse, into the bathroom trash can. There is a trash room.
- Knock the lint out of the lint screen after you use the dryer.
- Talk to your janitor.
- If possible, leave space on the sidewalk so others don't have to walk in water, mud, or snow. If you're walking in a group and one person comes in the opposite direction, move behind someone in your group so the person passing can use the sidewalk as well.
- If the room is empty, and you're leaving, turn off the lights. Please.
- Take off your hat indoors.
- Find a way not to be offended by those JERKS who would dare wear HATS indoors. How dare they though, right? Outrageous.
- Say hello to people you meet. If someone else says hello to you, respond in kind. Bonus points for smiling while saying hello.
- Don't destroy or abuse property. Particularly not if it belongs to somebody else.
- Say "excuse me" rather than just pushing past people in a crowd or a constricted space.
- When in class or in the library, put your cell phone on vibrate. PLEASE.
- If you yak or see someone yak in a place that's a bit out of the way--a basement, far-off corner, or anywhere that isn't a toilet, really--make your best effort to tell someone responsible that there's a stinky, biohazardous mess on the floor.