|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
The second-oldest building on campus, it was constructed in 1798, several years after West College. They were creative with the building names back when the college was founded, weren't they? East college burned in 1841 and was rebuilt in 1842. The entire interior was gutted and reconstructed during the summer of 1956 using unusual construction methods and utilizing prefabricated steel and concrete slabs and partitions.
East College is now one of the two first-year dorms in the Odd Quad, along with Fayerweather Hall. Both of theses dorms feature horizontal entries, unlike the vertical entries in the other freshman housing Morgan, Lehman, Sage, and Williams Hall. East is located directly across the quad from Currier, and is thus an excellent position for aspiring WARPies or Deviants. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on the day of the week, it is also located directly across the eyeballs from Goodrich, which can get rather annoying for first-years trying to do work on weekends, but does make stopping for coffee on the way to class quite convenient. Make sure you check out the eyeballs at night, when they light up! East is also conveniently close to the gym.
East features relatively large rooms and, in its days as a first-year dorm, had the largest rooms for frosh. Since the inception of neighborhoods and renovations to the common rooms, East College is now an upper-class dorm, expanding the housing options for deviants and their kin.