|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
114th Delegation (2008-2009):
Rachel Ko (President), Eve Streicker (Treasurer), Andrés López (Secretary), Elizabeth Brickley, Anthony Coleman, Rashid Duroseau, Jeremy Goldstein, Nontombi Kraai, Sarah Moore, Aroop Mukharji, Peter Nurnberg, Thomas Rubinsky, Nordia Savage, Michael Smith, Michael Tcheyan, Kevin Waite.
113th Delegation (2007-2008):
Jose Pacas (President), Julia Kropp (Treasurer), Rashid Duroseau (Secretary), Morgan Goodwin, Kim Dacres, Phillip Carter, William Bruce, Eve Streicker, Rachel Ko, Peter Nurnberg, Michael Smith, Jeremy Goldstein, Kevin Waite
111th Delegation (2005-2006):
Katie Krause (President), Geri Ottaviano (Treasurer), Charles Howard (Secretary), Ainsley O'Connell (Vice President), Zachary Ulman, Andres Schabelman, Alan Cordova, Maurice Robinson, Cathy Mercado, Alexis Machabanski, Katie Josephson, Godfrey Bakuli.
In 1895 the founders of Gargoyle Society wrote, "The object of this organization shall be to discuss college matters, and take active steps for the advancement of Williams in every branch of college life and work, and to exert itself against anything which it considers detrimental to such advancement."
Gargoyle's commitment remains the same today. Every spring, Gargoyle elects several seniors and a few juniors based on self-nominations which demonstrate leadership capability and a strong commitment to improving Williams College. Past delegations of this honor society have been instrumental in founding the College Council, abolishing fraternities, and encouraging student input into administrative decisions by founding groups like the Committee on Undergraduate Life and the Advisory Committee on Shareholder Responsibility.
In 1997-1998, the 103rd delegation of Gargoyle founded the Williams College Debate Union and held two wildly successful debates in Chapin Hall; worked to increase students-faculty interaction through a series of forums and other events; and organized an internship fair to help acquaint students with possibilities for summer and post-graduate employment.
As Gargoyle seeks to integrate the concerns of alumni, administration, faculty, and students, it provides an essential link between the past and the present at Williams, perpetuating a forum for the discussion of long-range as well as contemporary issues.
- Herbert Lehman (1899): New York State Governor and US Senator
- Tyler Dennett (1904): Williams College President
- Charles White Whittlesey (1905): Commander of the Lost Battalion in WWI
- James Phinney Baxter '14: Williams College President
- Richard Helms '35: CIA Director
- Whitney Stoddard '35: Famous art hisorian and Williams College Professor
- James MacGregor Burns '39: Famous historian and Williams College Professor
- George Steinbrenner '52: Owner of the New York Yankees
- Arne Carlson '57: Governor of Minnesota
- Stephen Lewis '60: President of Carleton College
- Fay Vincent '60: MLB Commissioner and Chairman of Columbia Pictures
- William Finn '74
- Clarence Otis, Jr. '77