|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
How to print multiple slides per page
Printing out 500 pages of Art History slides can be a real hassle, both for making handy flashcards, and also for the people who run the printers (Each color cartridge does cost upwards of $200!) Here are some relatively painless ways to print out multiple slides per page that donâ€™t involve laboring over an unwieldy Microsoft Word document.
For instructions on how to print to Williams network printers directly from your own computer, see How to print to network printers
Also, see  for a handy online study tool.
- Download all of the slides you wish to print out into an empty folder on your desktop. (If you hold down ALT while clicking on the link to the picture, the file will download to your desktop. Drag all of these downloaded files to an empty folder)
- Open the folder. Select all of the image files, then go to the menu: File -> Print. The â€œPhoto Printing Wizardâ€ should come up.
- Click on the â€œNextâ€ button at the bottom of the window. You should now see thumbnails of all the slides. Click on the â€œSelect Allâ€ button (or select certain photos by ticking or un-ticking their checkboxes in the thumbnails), then the â€œNextâ€ button.
- Select the printer you want to use â€“ either your own or "lw-jesup-maindesk-color" if you want to print out in Jesup â€“ then click â€œNextâ€
- In the â€œAvaliable Layoutsâ€ menu, scroll down and select a layout that puts at least 3 or 4 slides on one page. Click â€œNextâ€ to begin printing. WARNING Unfortunately, this method, though quick and simple, does crop some photos. Therefore bear in mind that you WILL be studying with a cropped version of the picture.
Mac OS X Users
- The easiest way to print multiple slides/page on an Apple is to use the â€œiPhotoâ€ application. First download the slides (Hold down option while clicking on each link to automatically download the image to your desktop)
- Open up the â€œiPhotoâ€ application. Go to the menu: File -> Add to Libraryâ€¦
- In the new window, navigate to the desktop (or to whatever location you downloaded the slides) and select all the slides that you want to be imported. (Click on the first file, then hold down shift and click another file to grab the a range of files between the two you clicked, or hold down the Apple/Command key and click individual files to select them all at once.) After importing, you should see all the slides as thumbnails in the â€œiPhotoâ€ main window.
- Select all the slides you want to print by dragging a box around the thumbnails, then go to the menu: File -> Print.
- Select the printer you want to use â€“ lw-jesup-maindesk-color if you are printing in Jesup â€“ then go to the "Style" menu below the "Printer Select" menu and select â€œN-Upâ€
- You can choose the number of slides per page â€“ use 4 or 6. Make sure that the â€œOne photo per pageâ€ box is UNCHECKED. Then click "Print"
Note: If you downloaded the photos to your own computer and want to easily print your document to Jesup, you can save the new multiple-slides-per-page configuration as a file. Click on the â€œPDFâ€ button in the print menu and choose â€œSave as PDFâ€ from the drop-down menu. This will create a file that has all the slides arranged onto the page. You can then save this file in your network folder to access and print out at Jesup (or anywhere else).