LISTSERV lists are difficult to unsubscribe from because you may be subscribed with your Unix ID-style e-mail address; sending an unsubscribe e-mail to <email>firstname.lastname@example.org</email> just won't work, since everything you send looks like it comes from "Ephraim.A.Williams@williams.edu".
- Go to http://listserv.williams.edu.
- If you already have a password for your Unix ID-style e-mail address, go to step 6.
- If you don't have a password, or don't know if you have a password, click on "get a new LISTSERV password first".
- Ignore the intructions and enter your "email@example.com" style e-mail address in the "E-mail address" box, and choose a new password. Enter it twice.
- You might have to wait for a confirmation e-mail or something. If so, do that. If not, go back to listserv.williams.edu.
- Enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" (using YOUR unix login instead of 06eaw) and your password in the correct blanks.
- On the screen that comes up, scroll down to the list of listservs you are subscribed to.
- Check the box next to the list you want to unsubscribe from and hit "submit changes".
- You should be all set.