The wiki belongs to you. Feel free to use it to post useful information about some aspect of Williams College.
Below are non-trivial pages of interest. You can add to this list, or in fact edit any page on the wiki, by clicking "Edit this page" (at the bottom).
Food and Drink
Things Students Own
Games Students Play
Pranks Students Pull
Stuff that should be done
- Stuff OIT Definitely Should Do
- Stuff WSO Definitely Should Do
- Stuff Morty Should Definitely Do
- Stuff College Council Should Definitely Do
- Stuff All Campus Entertainment (ACE) Should Definitely Do
- Stuff The Student Body Should Definitely Do
- Stuff Buildings and Grounds Should Definitely Do
- Stuff the CUL Should Do
Student Groups with Articles Longer Than 5 Complete Sentences
- How to prevent doors from rattling
- How to remove automatic door-closing hinges
- How to disable the buzzing of a propped door
The Williams Network
- How to get along with Novell
- How to print to network printers
- How to install the keyserver (and what is it?)
- How to trick out your Mac
- How to configure Apple iCal to send email reminders of events to anyone
- How to connect to a network PC from an Apple
- How to wiki-fy a Delicious Library
- How to share your iTunes music with more than 5 computers a day
- How to search the WSO Facebook directly from the Firefox search box
You may also be interested in Wikipedia's entry on Williams College, which has some good information.
WSO/wiki is hosted by Williams Students Online and is not officially related to the college. It uses MediaWiki, the same software that powers the free and famous Wikipedia. A Wiki is a site with many informative articles that anyone can edit. Feel free to contribute! We want this site to become a definitive source of information about Williams. Articles, biographies, stories, and how-to's are welcome, and on nearly any subject: buildings, people, organizations, classes, computing, hiking, anything of, about, or near the college. To edit an article, click "Edit this page" at the bottom of the article. To create a new article, there first needs to be a link to it; you can edit an existing, related article to create that link. You will probably want to consult Wikipedia's editing guide to learn the proper syntax. Feel free to experiment in the Sandbox.