|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
We greet them with a song.
From the Williams Web page:
- THE MOUNTAINS
- O, proudly rise the monarchs of our mountain land,
- With their kingly forest robes, to the sky,
- Where Alma Mater dwelleth with the chosen band,
- And the peaceful river floweth gently by.
- The mountains! the mountains! we greet them with a song,
- Whose echoes rebounding their woodland heights along,
- Shall mingle with anthems that winds and fountains sing.
- 'til hill and valley gaily, gaily ring.
- Beneath their peaceful shadows may old Williams stand,
- 'til suns and mountains nevermore shall be,
- The glory and the honor of our mountain land,
- And the dwelling of the gallant and the free.
This was written by Washington Gladden, Williams class of 1859.