The Paresky Center is the new student center to replace Baxter Hall. It is expected to open in January 2007, after two years of construction. It will house many important resources and services that have been homeless while it was under construction.
From a February 2, 2007 e-mail from Nancy Roseman, Dean of the College:
- Come 7 a.m. on [February] 16th the building is all ours. On that Friday and Saturday the Snack Bar will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the Market Place servery from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Both will offer free samplings of food and drink on those two days. Both will begin regular operations that Sunday.
- The Winter Carnival official opening event will take place Friday evening in front of the fireplace in Baxter Great Hall.
- Grab & Go will move to Paresky Feb. 19th, the new '82 Grill will open on the 26th, and student mailboxes will be activated at the end of Spring Break.
Get excited. But don't go into the building, as it isn't approved for occupation yet.
What it will look like
- Equivalency for students on the meal plan who do not eat dinner will also rise to $8, from its current value at $6.75. The new Snack Bar in Paresky, will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Monday through Saturday, and from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Sunday.
- The Marketplace will feature a deli, a carving station for rotisserie chicken, Teppanyaki grills with a vegetarian and vegan focus and salad and pasta stations, and will be open Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday. ...
- “It’ll be more of ‘a la carte’ – no longer ‘all you can eat.’ It’s going to be a different situation, and it will take a while for everything to settle,” said Heidi Duncan, a cook at Mission.