|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
The Paresky Center is the new student center to replace Baxter Hall. It is expected to open in January 2007, after two years of construction. It will house many important resources and services that have been homeless while it was under construction.
From a February 2, 2007 e-mail from Nancy Roseman, Dean of the College:
- Come 7 a.m. on [February] 16th the building is all ours. On that Friday and Saturday the Snack Bar will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the Market Place servery from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Both will offer free samplings of food and drink on those two days. Both will begin regular operations that Sunday.
- The Winter Carnival official opening event will take place Friday evening in front of the fireplace in Baxter Great Hall.
- Grab & Go will move to Paresky Feb. 19th, the new '82 Grill will open on the 26th, and student mailboxes will be activated at the end of Spring Break.
Get excited. But don't go into the building, as it isn't approved for occupation yet.
What it will look like
Above: an architect's rendering of what the Paresky Center will look like when it is completed.
Below: a photograph of the same view, the day before the Paresky Center opened.
- Equivalency for students on the meal plan who do not eat dinner will also rise to $8, from its current value at $6.75. The new Snack Bar in Paresky, will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Monday through Saturday, and from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Sunday.
- The Marketplace will feature a deli, a carving station for rotisserie chicken, Teppanyaki grills with a vegetarian and vegan focus and salad and pasta stations, and will be open Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday. ...
- “It’ll be more of ‘a la carte’ – no longer ‘all you can eat.’ It’s going to be a different situation, and it will take a while for everything to settle,” said Heidi Duncan, a cook at Mission.
From a February 8, 2007 e-mail from Doug Schiazza:
- The Performance Space/Auditorium (L02) has 150 fixed seats, theater-style, and is A/V equipped. It has a small stage, with a green room and a dressing room behind the stage.
- The Dining Room (103) has 162 chairs with tables, and although it is primarily used for dining seating, it can be requested to be used when the Market Place is closed. The room has an integrated sound system, and opens to the south patio. Due to the nature of the space (primarily dining seating), reservation requests should be submitted to the Office of Campus Life through the online form at least 3 weeks in advance for consideration.
- The Class of '58 Lounge (222) has 22 seats, including couches & chairs, plus coffee/end tables, and has a maximum capacity of 86 combined with the Henze Lounge. This lounge, which overlooks Baxter Great Hall, features sliding doors to East Balcony and a wonderful view to the east. Please note that this is an open area (not private). Because this is a lounge, it typically must remain open for general usage. The maximum total time that the '58 Lounge may be reserved is 3 hours for any given 9am - 2am period without special permission from the Office of Campus Life.
- The Henze Lounge (223) has 22 seats, including couches & chairs, plus coffee/end tables and has a maximum capacity of 86 combined with the Henze Lounge. This lounge, which also overlooks Baxter Great Hall, features a wood-burning fireplace. Please note that this is an open area (not private). Because this is a lounge, it typically must remain open for general usage. The maximum total time that the Henze Lounge may be reserved is 3 hours for any given 9am - 2am period without special permission from the Office of Campus Life.
- Two Meeting Rooms (112 & 114) offer 12 chairs at a conference table. They are A/V equipped, have a blackboard, and have a pass-through door between them.
- One Meeting Room (207) offers 6 lounge chairs, plus coffee tables. It is A/V equipped and has a blackboard.
- Another Meeting Room (210) offers 8 chairs at a conference table. It is A/V equipped and has a blackboard.
- The largest Meeting Room (220) offers 20 chairs at a conference table. It is A/V equipped, has a blackboard, and has a wonderful view to the north and east (especially of Chapin Hall and of Baxter Lawn).