|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
Schow Science Library
This article is a stub. You can help Willipedia by expanding it.
Schow is where all the books, bound journals and periodicals relating to science, math, and psychology are kept. It is also a popular studying location for many students. It is located between the Physics and Chemistry buildings in the Science Quad.
- The Writing Workshop takes place in Schow on school nights.
- The Eco-Cafe is just upstairs.
- The bathrooms are much closer, and more attractive, than in Sawyer.
- The lighting, air circulation, and temperature are much better than in Sawyer.
- There are groups study rooms.
- There are nice soft couches.
- The Schow Public printer is quite reliable.
- There is a copier for a dime a page. Sometimes they even let you copy things behind the desk for free.
- Also in the copy room is a scanner. If you scan things in and email them to yourself, you can print them out for free. Just a thought.
- Schow's acoustics are kind of terrible for a library. If you drop your pencil, or sneeze, or turn a page in your book, everyone around you will hear it. (More true for the front atrium than for the journal area to the right).
- The chairs are adjustable in about 37 different ways, and each cost $500. The admissions office tours look down at Schow from the atrium to point out this fact to all prospective students and their families.