Arguably the best student group on campus, WCFM is the best darn radio station in all of Prospect. Maybe even in the entire Berkshire Quad!
WCFM is known primarily for rocking your collective face off.
And -- has a transmitter as powerful as a good hair dryer!
Check out our website (currently under construction): wcfm.williams.edu
If you are interested in becoming a DJ, please email email@example.com, and we will get you hooked up at one of our Notorious (for becoming spontaneous parties) DJ Training Sessions. DJs gain the privilege of enjoying all of WCFMs exclusive hot-hot-hot member's only benefits: incredible music library, sweet sound equipment good for rocking your own face off, bring the two best concerts Williams College experiences each year, being a part of an team of awesome if haphazard people.
If you are interested in attending one of WCFM's illustrious, mysterious board meetings, they are every Sunday night at 8:00pm in the radio station (basement of Prospect).
If you are not a DJ and are interested in using our cash-money production studio, please contact our Production Director: Ian.D.Mitchell@williams.edu
WCFM was founded in 1879. It went underground when frats were abolished in 1970-something, but resurfaced as a major force on campus when Adam Sober (not a joke) Ain took over in the year of our Savior, 2004. Maybe it was 2003.
Past WCFM Concerts
- Spring 2004: The Wrens
- Fall 2004: Los Straitjackets
- Spring 2005: RJD2
- Fall 2005: Fear Nuttin Band
- Spring 2006: Ghostland Observatory + The Apparitions
Board for Summer 2006
- General Manager: Jessica Chung
- Program Director: ...
- Technical Director: Jessica Chung
- Music Directors: Jessica Chung + Patti Exster (and Betsy in August!)
- Personnel Director: Jessica Chung + Sadie Miller
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in being a summer board member.
Board for Fall 2006
- General Manager: Hallock Svensk
- Program Director: Michael Kamida
- Treasurer: Brian Hwang
- Technical Director: Ian Mitchy Mitchel
- Internal Music Director: Betsy "B to the Y" Chang
- External Music Director: Jessica M. Chung: who else?
- Assistant Music Directors: Patti Exster
- Production Director: Ian Margaret Mitchel
- Sports Director: Samantha Peterson
- Personnel Director: Samantha Peterson
- Public Relations Director: Nick Colella
- Webmaster: Peter "Sometimes I've Been Known to Update Websites, Other Times, Not" Nunns
- Concert Committee/Special Events Committee: Krystle Barhaghi, Patti Exster, Nick Greer, Laura Specker