|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
WCFM Williamstown 91.9 FM
Arguably the best student group on campus, WCFM is the best darn radio station in all of Prospect. Maybe even in the entire Berkshire Quad!
WCFM is known primarily for rocking your collective face off.
And -- has a transmitter as powerful as a good hair dryer!
Check out our website for details on how to listen in over the tubes of the Internet. You can always, though, tune your radios to 91.9 FM if you are within 10 miles of campus.
If you are interested in becoming a DJ, please email Veda Igbinedion at email@example.com, and we will get you hooked up at one of our Notorious (for becoming spontaneous parties) DJ Training Sessions. DJs gain the privilege of enjoying all of WCFMs exclusive hot-hot-hot member's only benefits: incredible music library, sweet sound equipment good for rocking your own face off, bring the two best concerts Williams College experiences each year, being a part of an team of awesome if haphazard people.
If you are interested in attending one of WCFM's illustrious, mysterious board meetings, they are every Sunday night at 8:00pm in the radio station (basement of Prospect).
If you are not a DJ and are interested in using our cash-money production studio, please contact our Production Director.
WCFM was founded in 1879. It went underground when frats were abolished in 1970-something, but resurfaced as a major force on campus when Adam Sober (not a joke) Ain took over in the year of our Savior, 2004. Maybe it was 2003.
WCFM Mission Statement
WCFM has been instituted and organized to promote the benefits of educational radio and to provide entertainment and information to the students, faculty, and community members of Williams College and Williamstown.
Past WCFM Concerts
- Spring 2004: The Wrens
- Fall 2004: The Hi-Risers; Los Straitjackets with the Pontani Sisters
- Spring 2005: RJD2
- Fall 2005: Fear Nuttin Band
- Spring 2006: Ghostland Observatory + The Apparitions
Board for Fall 2006
- General Manager: Hallock Svensk
- Programming Director: Nick Colella
- Treasurer: Brian Hwang
- Technical Director: Ian Mitchell
- Internal Music Director: Betsy Chang
- External Music Director: Jessica Chung
- Assistant Music Directors: Patti Exster
- Production Director: Nathan Friend
- Sports Director: Ian Mitchell
- Personnel Director: Veda Igbinedion and Elisa Brown
- Public Relations Directors: Beverly Acha and Matt Piven
- Webmaster: Peter Nunns
- Special Events Committee Chair: Krystle Barhaghi