How to Listen
- Check out the Fall 2008 schedule.
- Stream or tune in the old-fashoned way at 91.9fm on your radio if you are within 10 miles of campus.
Arguably the best student group on campus, WCFM is the best darn radio station in all of Prospect; maybe even in the entire Berkshire Quad! It has a transmitter as powerful as a good hair dryer! WCFM is known primarily for rocking your collective faces off.
WCFM was founded in 1879. It went underground when frats were abolished in 1970-something, but resurfaced as a major force on campus when Adam Sober (not a joke) Ain took over in the year of our Savior, 2004. Maybe it was 2003.
Check out our Shoutcast stream to listen in over the Internet in near-CD quality. You can always, though, tune your radios to 91.9 FM if you are within 10 miles of campus.
Getting Involved with WCFM
Interested in becoming a DJ? Email Emilie Voight at Emilie.R.Voight@williams.edu. DJs gain the privilege of enjoying all of WCFMs exclusive hot-hot members only benefits: incredible music library, sweet sound equipment good for rocking your own face off, and the ability to bring bands for the two best concerts Williams College ever experiences.
If you are not a DJ and are interested in using our cash-money production studio, please contact our Production Manager: Alex Mokover.
If you are interested in attending one of WCFM's illustrious, mysterious meetings, they are every Thursday night at 6:00pm in Goodrich Hall.
WCFM Mission Statement
WCFM has been instituted and organized to promote the benefits of educational radio and to provide entertainment and information to the students, faculty, and community members of Williams College and Williamstown.
WCFM Concerts History
- Fall 2008 (November): Rogue Heroes and 3 Day Threshold
- Spring 2008: Vampire Weekend
- Spring 2007 (May): El Gringo, The Subjects, Black Dice
- Spring 2007 (March): The Blow, Mirah, and the Ettes
- Fall 2006: The Headset + The Capital Years
- Spring 2006: Ghostland Observatory + The Apparitions
- Fall 2005: Fear Nuttin Band + Kaya
- Spring 2005: RJD2
- Fall 2004: The Hi-Risers + Los Straitjackets with the Pontani Sisters
- Spring 2004: Angels of the Odd + The Wrens
Board for Fall 2008
- General Manager: Anthony Molina
- Treasurer: Jacob Siegel
- External Music Directors: David (Davi) Schoen
- Internal Music Director: Semira Menghes
- Assistant Music Director: Patti Exster
- Special Adviser: George Carstocea
- News and Community Director: Gaston Kelly
- Director of Public Relations: Ed Mazurek
- Webmaster: Ed Mazurek
- Personnel Director: Emilie Voight
- Technical Director: Chuck Kollmer
- Chief Technical Engineer: Paul Willey
- Production Director: Alex Mokover
- Programming Director: Alex Mokover
- Sport Director: Ian Mitchell
- Concert Director: Matt Felser
- Special Events Committee: Chuck Kollmer, Davi Schoen, Beveraly Acha, Alex Mokover