The Questions |
Contest Main Page
The following are verbal trademarks of famous characters of stage, screen, television and literature. Your task is to identify the character, having been given the trademark.
- Well, King, this case is closed.
Sgt. Preston of the Yukon.
- This is another fine mess you've gotten me into.
- Avengers assemble!
Captain America. (Usually.)
Linc Hayes ("The Mod Squad").
- Say goodnight Dick.
Dan Rowan ("Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In").
- I'm gonna get you, Wabbit!
Elmer J. Fudd.
- Godfrey Daniel!
- Good morning, Mr. Briggs.
Self-destructing tapes on "Mission: Impossible."
- Hey Big, I dig.
- Open Channel D.
Napoleon Solo ("The Man From U.N.C.L.E.").
- A little travelling music, Sam.....
- Confound it, where's my crown?
- It's clobberin' time!
The Thing ("The Fantastic Four").
- This is the city.....
Sgt. Joe Friday ("Dragnet").
- That's the way it is......
- Wait for me, Wild Bill!
- Flame On!!
Johnny Storm/The Human Torch.
- Goodnight, and may God Bless.
- Whoa, Nelly Belle!
From the "Roy Rogers" movies/TV series.
- Don't Call me Chief!
Perry White ("Superman").
- Exit Stage Right.
- Dog, my cat!
- Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.
- I hate meeces to pieces!
Mr. Jinks ("Pixie and Dixie").
- Wahoo! (comics)
- Spend a little dime with me.
- I see nothing..... NOTHING!
Schultz ("Hogan's Heroes").
- 21-50 to Headquarters.
- I thought I saw a puddy-cat. I did, I DID!
- A day without orange juice is like a day without sunshine.
- Al, I'm not asking you to spy, I'm asking you to steal.
- Bless your pea-pickin' heart.
Tennessee Ernie Ford.
- Thufferin' thuccotash!
Sylvester P. Cat.
- You rang? (And we don't mean Maynard.)
Lurch ("The Addams Family").
- I'm gonna kill that kid, I'm gonna kill him!
Herb Gillis ("The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis").
- We lost our fix on Doug and Tony.
- It's not what you say that counts, it's what you don;t say.
- Nothing is better for thee than me.
The Quaker Oats man.
- Imperius Rex!
- I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
J. Wellington Wimpy ("Popeye").
- Trizzle, trazzle, trozzle, trome....... time for this one to come home.
Mr. Wizard ("Peabody's Improbable History" on "Rocky & Bullwinkle").
The following nine trademarks are rough approximations of the real thing. The characters themselves will make guest appearances on the air to help you identify them.
Have your answers NUMBERED into Bumble Barracks by 7:00 this morning.
- Hoooow-DEE!! (Oates)
- Wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa. WAAAAAH-wah. (Safford)
Any teacher or adult on the "Charlie Brown" specials.
- Goodnight! (Oates)
- S'awright. (Spencer)
- Eddie! .....Kees mee goodnight! (Ed)
- Mister B! (Albelda)
- Oo-Oo. (Marino)
Officer Toody ("Car 54, Where Are You?").
- Surprise, surprise, surprise! (Foster)
- Dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-d bawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-dbawlk-db awlk-dbawlk-dbaaaaaawlk......... (Marino)