Contest Main Page
Pets and Animals
(Yes, we are really being nice enough to tell you how we are scoring this; it honestly is not a trick; trust us....)
1) DIVIDE THE NUMBER OF CORRECT ANSWERS BY 5.
2) 120/5 = 24 RAW POINTS.
3) 1 POINT ADDED IF YOU SPELL YOUR TEAM NAME CORRECTLY.
4) NOT CURVED!! NO OTHER FACTORS INVOLVED IN SCORING!!
5) EVERY QUESTION IS WEIGHED EQUALLY; NOT BY SECTIONS.
6) 25 POINT TOTAL (Hour Boni are worth 10).
TELEVISION PETS: 15 Qs
- Describe Mr. Spock's Teddy Bear.
- Name Maxwell Smart's dog.
- What kind of animal was Billie Joe McKay's BEAR, and for whom was he named?
- Name the Nash family pet of "Please Don't Eat The Daisies."
- FIVE IS RIGHT OUT
- There is no question six.
- Name "Dr. Who"s Animal Companion.
- Name the Dobermans on "Magnum P.I."
- What is the pet Miss Sullivan owns on "Night Court"?
- What is the animal sidekick of Det. Tony Baretta?
- Name the owners of "Golden Ear-Rings," and tell us the type of animal.
- Who treated Sparky, the white cocker spaniel owned by The Fonz?
- Name the dog belonging to the Little Rascals.
- What was the breed of Lt. Howard Hunter's pet?
- From "Cheers," Fraser owned a dog, but had to give him to Sam when Diane moved in with him. Tell us why he did this, and give us both of the dog's names.
- What was the breed of Jim Ignatowski's pet?
- From "M*A*S*H," what was the special contribution of the rabbit named "Fluffy," out of all the rabbits on the show?
MOVIES: 10 Qs
1. Supply the Missing Elements in the below GRID:
|WIZARD OF OZ||DOROTHY GAL||JUDY GARLAND||TOTO||DOG|
|BELL BOOK AND CANDLE||
2. Name the four horses pulling Ben Hur's chariot, their mother, and what they were named after.
CARTOON PETS: 10 Qs
Given the owner(s), tell us the name and breed of the pet.
- Fred and Wilma Flintstone
- George and Jane Jetson
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- Davey Hanson
- Speed Racer and team:
- Johnny Quest
- Swee'Pea and Popeye
- The Grinch
- Mr. Peabody (dog)
- Savoire Faire (mouse)
COMIC BOOK PETS: 10 Qs
First, given the owner, tell us the pet:
- Legion of Super Heroes' "Legion of Super Pets"
- Archie Andrews
- What character is "associated" with Lamar the Ice Skating Water Buffalo, and Senator Kasten, the Truffle-Sniffing and Vampire-Hunting Pig?
- Rex The Wonder Dog
Now, given the pet, tell us the owner.
- Kitty Pryde (pet girl; aka Shadowcat)
- Lockjaw (human mutated into a dog is close enough)
- Miri and Biri (leopards)
- Bombastus (genetically created cat)
- Ebony (black cat, "familiar")
COMIC STRIP PETS: 10 Qs
Given the STRIP, and the owner's name(s), tell us the pet:
- PEANUTS, Frieda (the girl with the naturally curly hair)
- BLONDIE, Blondie and Dagwood Bumstead
- CATHY, Cathy
- KUDZU, Kudzu
- FOR BETTER OR WORSE, The Johnsons
- DENNIS THE MENACE, Dennis Mitchell (2)
- LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE, Annie
- FOXTROT, Jason Fox
- HAGAR THE HORRIBLE, Hagar (2)
- BEETLE BAILEY, Sgt. Snorkel
PRESIDENTIAL PETS: 5 Qs
- The autobiography of one Presidential pet actually outsold the simultaneously-sold autobiography of another President. Name the pet, its owners and co-author, and the humiliated head honcho.
Pets have even been the subject of scandals, when either presented as gifts to the First Family from foreign leaders, or when government resources are diverted to them.
- Which pet received the use of a private navy aircraft during a war?
- A speech about receiving which dog as a gift, enabled which pre-Presidential candidate to save his political career?
- Tell us the breed of Nip and Tuck, as well as their owner.
- Name the pets which LBJ used to dangle by their ears for photographers.
ADVERTISING: 10 Qs
Identify the animal representative, or voice used.
- Buster Brown's dog
- Charlie the Tuna (voice)
- Morris the Cat (voice)
- MGM (lion)
- Stroh's Beer (dog)
- Sugar Bear (original voice)
- Nestle (dog)
- Borden's Milk (Elsie the cow is obvious, but name the bull OR the calves).
- RCA Victor "His Master's Voice"
- What is McGruff The Crime Dog's base of operations?
COMMUNICATION WITH ANIMALS: 10 Qs
How do these people communicate with animals?
- Bull Shannon of "Night Court"
- Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), Yellowjacket (Hank Pym)
- Wolverine (Logan)
- "Tarzan" means what in the Ape Language?
- FIVE IS RIGHT OUT.
- There is no Question Six.
- We all know that Mr. Ed (voice by Rocky Lane) communicates with Wilbur (Alan Young) alone. Why won't he talk with others?
- Who was the voice for Francis The Talking Mule, #M52519 of the 123rd?
- Who were the dolphins that were taught to speak (and later kill) in the George C. Scott movie, "Day of the Dolphin"?
- Who taught Dr. John Doolittle (Rex Harrison) to talk to the animals?
- How did Don Johnson communicate with his dog in the movie "A Boy and His Dog"? Also, name the characters, and the source of the story.
- Who was "The Cat From Outer Space"?
HORSES: 10 Qs
First, given the rider, name the steed.
- Dudley Do-Right
- Princess Buttercup
Then, given the steed, name the rider.
PRIMATES: 15 Qs
- Who were the first PRIMATES to return to earth?
- What was "The Most Original Movie Ever Made"?
- Who was Tarzan's adoptive mother?
- What was the name of Professor Peter Boyd's PRIMATE whom he tried to
raise as a human child?
- FIVE IS RIGHT OUT
- There is no Question Number Six.
- Who is the Chief of APE?
- Name the Red Ghost's Super Apes and their powers.
- Who owned Magilla Gorilla? Who wanted to own him?
- Name the cute sub-human sidekicks of Space Ghost.
- Who was the trusted companion of Grape Ape?
- What did Elvis' pet monkey Scatter die of?
- Who was the PRIMATE in the Clint Eastwood flicks "Any Which Way But Loose," and "Any Which Way You Can"?
- What three scenes were cut from the original "King Kong" by the censors?
- Who was the friendly PRIMATE on PBS' "The Electric Company"?
- An actor practicing to get a lead role in a jungle movie visits "Gilligan's Island," causing the usual trouble. Please tell us either the name of the movie he's trying out for, or the name he gives the castaways.
- Name the Mascot and Guiding Light of "Five Is Right Out."
STUFFED ANIMALS: 10 Qs
Given the owner, tell us the type of animal and its name.
- Shirley Feeney
- Walter O'Reilly
- Mr. Howell
- Big Bird
- What is Edward Bear better known as?
- Who serves Mr. Bun tea?
- Name Felix Unger's bear, describe his current condition, and explain the stain on him.
- What character does Henry Rush draw in his comic strip?
- What famous person wants to be stuffed and mounted with his equallyfamous stuffed animal companion?
TRANSFORMATION: 5 Qs
What animal(s) could these persons change into? You must give the LIMITATIONS as well.
- Changeling (Garfield Logan)
- Snowbird (Narya)
- "The Shaggy Dog," Wilby Daniels (played by Tommy Kirk)
- "Space: 1999," Maya (played by Catherine Schell)
- "Warner Brothers"-- When Bugs meets Dracula, what are the magical effects of these words? "Abracadabra," and "Hocus Pocus"?