Contest Main Page
Given the slogans, supply the product name on the same line.
- The choice of a new Generation
- America's freedom fabric
- Breakfast for vour head!
- A little dab'll do ya
- It's too good to forget
- It's in there
- Once vou pop, you can't stop!
- The best part of waking up
- What vou want is what you get
- Gives a woman feminine moisture
- How to make your moist, delicious best
- You make it fresh, vou make it best
- Good to the last drop
- Nobodv does it better ... Naturally
- We deliver satisfaction
- Something special in the air
- We love to fly and it shows
- Taste them again, for the first time
- Flavors Mother Nature never intended
- You don't just have to have it in the morning
- The taste you love without the cholesterol
- It's the right thing to do, and the tasty way to do it
- It's the cheesiest
- Where taste runs wild!
- Nothing but the best
- Dare to compare
- Low prices are just the beginning
- We're America's wheels
- Don't worry, we'll make more! (NOTE: As one team pointed out, the slogan was "Crunch all you want. We'll make more.")
- Evidently it's not your normal ice cream
Gilligan's Island Section
Answer the following general "Gilligan's Island" trivia.
- According to creator Sherwood Schwartz, what is Gilligan's full name?
- What are Mr. Howell's two allergies?
- What is the full name of Thurston Howell III's wife?
- What is Ginger's one regret in life?
- What is the Professor's name?
- From which universities, respectively, did the Professor get his B.A.,
B.S., M.A., and Ph.D.? (abbr.)
- How many books does the Professor have and what are their titles?
- What is Mary Ann's last name?
- What is the Skipper's full name?
- Which of the Seven Deadly Sins does each of the castaways represent?
Answer the following episode-specific questions.
- What perfume does Mrs. Howell use?
- What book does the Professor give the Skipper?
- What perfume does Ginger use?
- Who was Ginger's roommate in HolIywood?
- In what French restaurant did Lovey accept Thurston Howell's marriage proposal?
- What are Ginger's measurements?
- What are the names of the two scientists monitoring the Mars probe at Cape Canaveral?
- What foreign languages does Lovey speak? And Mr. Howell?
- What's Mr. Howell's polo pony named?
- What do the captivora berries the Professor needs look like?
Soap Opera Section
Answer the following questions about soap operas.
- What was "Papa" Bauer's first name on "Guiding Light"?
- What was the name of Joe Novak's fishing boat on "Ryan's Hope"'?
- One of Henderson's most notorious beauties stood trial for murder during the mid-70's. Who was she? Who played her?
- "One Life to Live" was not the original title intended for the show when it was in the planning stages. What should have been the title?
- Which longtime TV star is such a fan of "All My Children" that she asked for a temporary role on the show (and got it)?
- Which star of the film "Blazing Saddles" once played a role on "Another World"? Which role did (s)he play?
- On what soap opera did Ellen Burstyn play a doctor?
- The part of Dorian on "One Life to Live" has been plaved by at least four different actresses.Who was the second Dorian? What role does she currently play on a CBS sitcom?
- An underlying rivalry often has stood between Jill and Faith Coleridge of "Ryan's Hope." What secret from the past helped the sisters understand and reconcile these differences?
- Actor Kevin Bacon once plaved a role on which CBS soap opera?
- What soap opera did Kate Mulgrew leave to portray the wife of a famous TV detective? What was the wife's name (get this and You get the title of the series)?
- The Rileys used to be one of the core families on "One Life to Live." Whatever happened to the late Joe's sister Eileen?
- Whv did Brian Kendall of "One Life To Live" run frantically into the street, where he was killed by a hit-and-run driver?
- Which famous psychologist appeared as herself on "One Life to Live" in the early '70s'? To which hospital was she 'called'? Who was she helping to recover from what "disease"?
- What are the six soap operas that Irna Phillips created?
Answer the following Disney Afternoon cartoon questions.
- Which two characters does Darkwing Duck share with "Duck Tales"?
- What is Darkwing Duck's real name?
- What is the name of his adopted daughter (spelled correctly)?
- What Disney movie provided many of the characters for "Tale Spin"? What is the name of the main character's airplane?
- Name the five Rescue Rangers, and their two primary antagonists.
- Name the six original Gummi Bears.
- Who is the seventh Gummi Bear?
Answer the following "Transformers" questions.
- Who built the Combaticons, and why?
- Who becomes the new leader of the Autobots at the end of the final two-part episode of "The Transformers," replacing Rodimus Prime?
- In what form do Decepticons store energy, and who produces the containers for it?
- Who were the original rulers of Cybertron, to whom all of the Transformers were slaves?
- What was Rodimus Prime's original name before he became leader of the Autobots?
- What was the name of Bumblebee's original human friend?
- Who had the ability to fire "null rays" that would neutralize electrical activities?
- Of which temporary Decepticon allies was 'Nergill' the leader?
- Which Autobot was (of all things) a pacifist?
- Once, while driving through an intense storm, the Autobots increased the range of their vision through a technical-sounding, but scientifically meaningless, method. What was this method?
Original Star Trek Section
Answer the following general "Trek" trivia.
- Where did Uhuru get her name?
- What is Uhuru's mother's name?
- In which episodes did Uhura sing?
- Who was Senior Surgeon aboard the Enterprise immediately before McCoy?
- What warp factor is half-speed?
- Who told Spock he was "ill-mannered"?
- How many translucent viewing screens are on the bridge?
- What is the name of the Enterprise's only shuttlecraft?
- In which episode were Klingons first featured?
- In what episode did Spock first call Capt. Kirk "Jim"?
See how well you know everyone's favorite Enterprise captain by answering the following questions on Captain James Tiberius Kirk.
- Who is his deceased brother?
- What is Kirk's serial number?
- Which President does he idolize?
- What female scientist did he once consider marrying?
- As a midshipman at the Space Academy, with whom did Kirk fall in love?
Answer the following episode-specific questions.
- Who said, "Tell me how your planet looks on a lazy spring night when the moon is full" and in what episode?
- Who quipped, "In a pig's eye" and during which episode was it uttered?
- In "Mudd's Women," what was unusual about Ruth's home planet?
- In "Dagger of the Mind," what was written on the side of the capsule in which Van Gelder hid?
- In "The Conscience of the King," what did Lenore call Kirk?
- In "Court-Martial," how long had it been since Kirk had seen Areel Shaw?
- In "The Devil in the Dark," what words does the monster burn into a nearby rock after being wounded?
- In "Errand of Mercy," what is Kirk's answer to Kor's request "Tell me about the dispersal of Starfleet"?
- In "The City on the Edge of Forever," name the two boxers appearing at Madison Square Garden, according to the poster seen when Spock and Kirk first beam to New York.
- In "Operation - Annihilate," what were Aurelan Kirk's last words before she died?
The Golden Age of Cable TV Section
"You Can't Do That On Television"
- According to the opening credits, who produces the children on the show?
- What is Kevin's full name, according to the episode on fame?
- According to the episode on popularity, why does Moose have friends?
- What is Moose's real name?
- The three adults on the show carried the heavy burden of portraying the adult world. Identitify the name of the character when his profession is given, or his profession given an identifying quote.
- Burger Chef
- Stage Manager
- Arcade Owner
- School bus driver
- "That's one sneaky kid!"
- "Lisa, don't encourage your mother."
- "I want you to copy this dictionary from pages 17 to 5,742."
Over which eye does Dangermouse wear his patch?
- Where does Dangermouse live?
- What is his car named?
- What is the name of the Welsh dragon DM was forced to pursue?
- What was the one ironic short-lived spinoff of Dangermouse? Why is it ironic?
- What name does DM assume when he gets amnesia and Baron Greenback persuades him he's a Robin Hood-type villain?
- As this criminal, what crime does DM commit before Greenback has a chance to?
- What's the name of Joe's bar?
- In what city is the bar located?
- What's the name of Donald's usual gay bar hangout?
- How does Donald respond when Lou reports that he's gay?
- In what movie does John Byner (actor on Bizarre) play a hunchback?
- In which Disney movie does he play a part? What's the character's name?
- What is the last name of "The Great One," Super Dave?
- What are the names of his personal commentator and trainer?
- The premiere of the "Super Dave" show opened with a spectacular series of automotive stunts culminating with the Super One being flung out of the car. Who was the driver?
- On the second year debut of "Dream On," the story revolves around the filming of the life story of Martin's ex-wife's god-like new husband. Who plays:
- The actor playing Richard Stone?
- The actress playing Martin's ex-wife?
- "Melvin," the ex-husband?
- The director?
- Who makes a cameo as himself on the "Eddie Charles Show," and what is his one regret in life?
- What line does Martin's son Jeremy get to say?
- When the director decides that Jeremy isn't believeable enough as the son, he wins a bit part in the movie in Studio B. What happens to him and to the professor in the movie?
- In what movie did the actor playing Richard win fame "with his pants around his ankles"'?
- What is Toby's cat's name?
- In one episode, Eddie meets and sleeps with a blonde writing a book. What is the book's title? Why doesn't Eddie like it?
- What is a woman without a man, according to the show?
- When Kathleen and Martin break up, what do they fight over?
- In one episode, Martin meets a genie who grants him three wishes. What are they? What happens?
What Hath Turner Wrought?
- Who is the person on "Crossfire" who didn't run for President?
- Who replaced the one who did?
- From what country is the reporter who stayed in Baghdad for the duration of the Persian Gulf War?
- On which news event did CNN first outdraw a network news program?
- Who are the father-and-son broadcasters for the TBS Braves baseball coverage?
- Write out the opening Iyrics to the Garry Shandling Show.
- What was the name of the team of "First and Ten," and who played its first female owner?
- What was the first HBO made-for-TV movie?
- What are the five all-sports networks that reach over 1 million viewers?
- What's the name of the tiny, industrious workers on "Fraggle Rock"? The giant, vain morons?
- Who was the host of American Movie Classics?
- Which two channels merged to form Comedy Central?
- For what event did Comedy Central recently sue and win coverage rights?
- What is the only current show on Nick at Nite, and which network did they
share it with? How does Nick at Nite justify showing it?
- The Weather Channel: In one sentence or less, WHY?
General TV Trivia
Given the syndicated rerun title, supply the original network title of the following shows.
- Brave Stallion
- Badge 714
- Matt Dillon
- Jeff's Collie
- The Bounty Hunter
- San Francisco Beat
- Major Adams - Trailmaster
- Carol Burnett and Company
- Call of the West
Given the show, you give the associated theme song and artist(s) who performed it.
Given the title, supply the show from which it was spun off.
- Charlie's Angels
- Happy Days
- "All in the Family"
- Beverlv Hillbillies
- The Greatest American Hero
- I Love Lucy
- Laveme and Shirley
- Magnum, P.l.
Given the title of a network TV show, give the name of the corresponding radio show.
- The Andy Griffith Show
- The Bionic Woman
- Checking In
- Dirty Sally
- The Facts of Life
- Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.
- Good Times
- Green Acres
- The Jeffersons
- Knots Landing
- Laveme & Shirley
- Out of the Blue
- Richie Brockelman, Private Eye
- Trapper John, M.D.
Given the shows and characters, supply as full an address as possible for each character. If more than one has been used, you may supply only one, but both will get you extra points.
- The Amazing Dunninger
- The Amazing Mr. Malone
- Candid Camera
- Crime Photographer
- Don McNeill TV Club
- The George Bums and Gracie Allen Show
- Life With Linkletter
- The Perry Como Show
- Q. E. D.
- The Ray Milland Show
Given the television show, supply the school where the action (sometimes) takes place. Where possible, supply the city where the school is located.
- The Andy Griffith Show: Andy; Barney
- The Beverly Hillbillies: The Clampetts
- Bewitched: The Stevens
- Dennis the Menace: The Mitchells
- The Honeymooners: The Kramdens
- I Love Lucy: The Ricardos
- Leave It to Beaver: The Cleavers
- The Munsters: The Munsters
- All in the Family: The Bunkers
- Charles in Charge: The Pembrokes
- Happy Days: Arnold's Drive-in
- Laverne & Shirley: Laverne and Shirley
- One Day at a Time: Ann Romano
- Remington Steele: Laura Holt & Remington Steele
- Welcome Back, Kotter: Gabe Kotter
Given the character, name his/her occupation and the show on which (s)he appears.
- Facts of Life
- Happy Days
- Head of the Class
- Mr. Novak
- Mr. Peepers
- Our Miss Brooks
- Room 222
- Welcome Back, Kotter
- The White Shadow
- The Wonder Years
- Elaine Nardo
- Tony Nelson
- Ward Cleaver
- Burt Campbell
- Jennifer Marlowe
- Ed Norton
- Judy Benjamin
- Bob Hartley
- Tom Bradford
- Rudy Wells
Given the character's (nick)name, supply the show (s)he was on.
- Hot Lips
- Juan Epstein
- Wilhelm Klink
- Gwen Pigeon
- Dr. Strangepork
Given the first names, supply the last name and the show on which the couple were characters.
- Oscar & Blanche
- Ward & June
- Mike & Carol
- Max & 99
- Howard & Marion
- Rob & Laura
- Bob & Emily
- Donald & Margaret
- Buddy & Pickles
- Bob & Pam