Contest Main Page
- Please give us the starting lineup on opening night for the 1962 New York Mets.
- Please give us the starting lineup on opening night for the 1977 Seattle Mariners.
- In the 1982 National League baseball season, the batting averages .216 and .215 were of special significance. To whom do the averages belong, and what precedent do they represent?
- In the 1982 baseball season, a very unlucky pitcher had a no-hitter going through five innings. But by the sixth inning, he had been sent to the showers, and was to lose the 14th consecutive game at the start of his career. Please name this pitcher and the noble team he represents.
- What pitcher won on Opening Day in 1980, and managed to finish the season with a record of 1-16?
- Two pitchers combined efforts to stop Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak. Who were the pitchers, and for what team did they play?
- In the 1982 season, an obscure baseball player set an all-time major league record for most stolen bases in a season without getting caught. Please name him and the team he plays for.
- We all know that Rickey Henderson broke Lou Brock's single season stolen base record this season. But before he broke that mark, he broke an older mark set for base-stealing which had been set by Ty Cobb in 1915. What is this record and what happened when Henderson broke it?
- While Pete Rose is in hot pursuit of Ty Cobb's record for most career hits, he managed this year to pass Hank Aaron to become the all-time leader in a certain category. Name it.
- What team record did the 1982 Boston Red Sox set?
- Please give us a year-by-year account of who has held the job of manager for the New York Yankees, from 1973 through 1982.
- The 1981 season marked the first time that the number of games a player started was less than the number of fights he got into with fans. Please name this player and his team.
- What manager holds the career mark for most World Series losses?
- What Oakland A's player did Charlie Finley try to release in the middle of the World Series?
- What is the lowest batting average with which a player has won the batting title, and who was the player?
- Great Baseball Trades. We can, of course, be speaking of none other than the New York Mets. Whom did the Mets receive from the California Angels for Nolan Ryan? Whom did the Mets receive for Amos Otis?
- Whom did the Seattle Mariners receive from the Houston Astros in exchange for Jim Bouton?
- Who appeared as #1/8th for the St. Louis Browns on August 19, 1951?
- At the beginning of the 1982 baseball season, there were eight players 40 years of age or older. Please name all eight, and the teams they play for.