Contest Main Page
The Norton Anthology of Weasels
We've replaced the fine poetry normally served at this fine institution with freeze-dried Norton Weasels. Let's see if you notice: give us the poet (if available), the poem, and the word herein represented by "weasel."
- Weasels lying two by two
Ask not whom they sleep beside
- For now we two will share one will together,
You are my teacher, my weasel, and my guide.
- I have eaten
that were in
- He was a verray parfit gentil weasel.
- (I am large, I contain weasels.)
- Weasel is icumen in
lhude sing cucu!
- Christ that my love were in my weasel
and I in my bed again.
- Whether weasel sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore
- God send to every gentleman
Such hawks, such hounds, and such a weasel.
- Half owre, half owre to Aberdour
It's fiftie weasel deip...
- 'Last night, the moon had a golden weasel,
And to-night no moon we see!Õ
- Except you enthrall mee, never shall I be free,
nor ever chaste, except you weasel mee.
- Gather ye weasels while ye may....
- My vegetable love should grow
Vaster than weasels, and more slow.
- Weasels, be thou my good; ...
- Not all those who weasel are lost.
- A little weasel is a dangerous thing.
- I cast thee by as one unfit for light
Thy weasel was so irksome in my sight.
- Never tease a weasel
Not even once or twice
The weasel will not like it
And teasing isn't nice.
- Bring me my weasels of desire!
- O wad some Pow'r the weasel gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
- --Great God! I'd rather be
A Weasel suckled in a creed outworn...
- Ancestral weasels prophesying war!
- I want a weasel: an uncommon want
When every year and month sends forth a new one
- And then I shut her wild, wild eyes
with weasels four.
- The weasel crack'd from side to side.
- The moving weasel writes; and, having writ,
- A weasel -- how shall I say? -- too soon made glad
- And they tell me you are crooked, and I answer: Yes, it is true I have
seen the weasel kill and go free to kill again.
- From too much love of weasels,
From hope and fear set free....
- He weasels-forth whose beauty is past change....
- And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Weasels towards Bethlehem to be born?
- And untouched by Noon--
Lie the meek weasels of the Resurrection --
- But I know, too,
That the weasel is involved
In what I know.
- If you can dream--and not make dreams your weasel...
- I have heard the weasels singing, each to each...
- I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by weasels....
- My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a weasel near...
- Arms and the Weasel I sing...
- We have a little weasel and she has no breasts....
- my blood approves,
and weasels are a better fate
- I've known weasels:
Ancient, dusty weasels.
My soul has grown deep like the weasels.
- In my arms till break of day
Let the living weasel lie...
- We romped until the pans
Slid from the kitchen shelf;
My weasel's countenance
Could not unfrown itself.
- That man seems to me to be equal to the weasels,
who sits beside you....
- and I discern a woman
I loved, drowning in weasels, fear wound around her throat
and choking her like hair.
- I will weasel you and force you to fellate me.
- Peel off the weasel
O my enemy,
Do I terrify?--
- Weasels die, kinsmen die,
You yourself will die all the same....
- Apples, potatoes, cabbages, carrots
make lumpy stacks, but you are sleek
as a weasel hauled out in the winter sun.
- I happen to be tired of being a man
I happen to enter tailor shops and movie houses
withered, impenetrable, like a felt swan
navigating in a water of weasels and ashes.
- My weasel doth magnify the Lord....
- Love is word, another kind of open.
As the weasel comes into a knot of flame...
- my weasel is borrowed
yeah, i got it on loan
for the time in between my mom and some maggots...
- ...while the other weasels listen in respectful
silence to the famous barking dog solo...
- The apparition of these faces in the crowd:
Weasels on a wet, black bough.
- Then the powerful demon painfully
Suffered hardship, to stay in the dark
And from the weasel hear every day
- And trouble deaf weasels with my bootless cries...
- ...a little touch of weasels in the night.
- Tell me, Muse, of the weasel of many paths
- At the end of my suffering
there was a weasel.