Contest Main Page
- "If somebody offers me a lot of money to do something that can be worked into my schedule, so it doesn't interfere with my practices and my rest, and it's something that contributes to my hopefully image as a classy tennis player, then I'll do it. I won't do pimple cream."
- This controversial sports legend said of his critics, "Fans don't boo nobodies."
- Name the player and the city he's talking about: "It's the only place where you can experience the thrill of victory, and the agony of reading about it the next day."
- What former great said this: "If I were sitting down with George Steinbrenner, based on what Dave Winfield got for his statistics, I'd have to say, 'George, you and I are about to become partners'"?
- On declining attendance in the major leagues, this former ballplayer said: "If people don't want to come out to the park, nobody's going to stop them."
- Jim Palmer said of this man, "He'll finish more games this year than Goose Gossage."
- When asked to explain his role on the court, this man said, "I'm just the utility man. I do a little of everything. All right, sometimes I do a lot of everything."
- If I say fall down, he's going to fall down. I'm still his father."
- Name the manager who said this, about what player's contract negotiations: "He wants Texas back."
- This man, when complimented on his job security, retorted, "Another way to look at it is I haven't had a promotion in 21 years."
- "When I came into the ABA, I was like a god. I felt there was no one who was ever going to stop me, and I was going to be a dominant force everytime I took to the court. That's how supreme I felt, and that's how supreme I played."
- "History-- that's what drives me now. I don't want to be just another champion, I want to be in Guinness for my talent, and my class."
- "If someone had offered me water in the park, I would have stopped for a drink and a chat. But no one did, so I pressed on."
- This athlete said about the documentary film produced about his career, "It's part of my 'Save Montreal' program. The rest of it involves cutting the heads off parking meters."