[Jazz at Williams] Spring 2022 Updates and Events

Adithya Vaidhyan akv1 at williams.edu
Sat Feb 26 15:57:29 EST 2022

Hey Jazz at Williams!

Hope everyone is having a great start to the semester.

We have a lot of exciting events and performances coming up this semester that are amazing opportunities to learn about and listen to jazz.

First, we will be having a weekly Jazz Listening Session in Shainman Rehearsal Hall from 6:30 to 7:30 starting next Thursday. We will be listening and talking about one of Miles Davis’s earlier records ‘Round About Midnight so be sure to check it out before we meet next Thursday.

Second, the Reverso ensemble is playing at Williams next Saturday, March 5th. This group is consists of trombonist Ryan Keberle, pianist Frank West, and cellist Vincent Courtois. They will be playing some really interesting music that take influence from classical music and jazz from the past 120 years. There’s a more detailed description on the Music Department website but definitely put this on your schedule. You don’t want to miss it!

Third, Swing Dance will be on April, 9th so be ready to put on your dancing shoes and enjoy some awesome big band music.

Finally, Kris and Noah have been working really hard to make Jazz Fest happen on May 7th and 8th. Jazz Fest should be a larger version of last semester’s Jazz Day with performances by all of the Williams Jazz ensembles as well as our amazing faculty. There may also be a very special guest artist joining us on Jazz Fest, but more on that later. This will be the biggest Williams jazz event of the year so please come and enjoy!

Sorry to send out such a long email, but as you can see, there’s lots to be excited about this semester.

Hope to see some of you next Thursday and a lot of you for the bigger events coming up!

Thanks,

Adithya