[Jewonthis] Announcements, Announcements

Koltun-Fromm, Ariel ak27 at williams.edu
Tue Apr 10 21:53:37 EDT 2018

Hi all,

Here are some more announcements that have recently come to our attention
for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy:

1. This is a reminder again that In observance of Holocaust Remembrance Day
on Thursday, April 12, WCJA will be organizing the reading of names of
those who perished in the Holocaust from 11am-3pm on Paresky steps. If you
are interested, you may sign up to read names for half an hour at this link
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ij15mZOyuMAVNJ3Ma-Q7StkBoobvXNm1QptgVFuWBhE/edit?usp=sharing>.
There will also be other programming occurring at the same time, including
memorial candles available for lighting and informational signs.

2. The Davis Center Award Nominations: The Davis Center is pleased to
recognize community members with relation to their efforts in working
towards creating an inclusive environment.  *Award nominations are due
on April 23rd. *Complete this form to nominate or self-nominat
<https://goo.gl/forms/rt0wG5FwGsnx88YX2>e

3. Liberation Seder: Wednesday, April 11th, 5:00-8:30pm, Faculty House
The Jewish holiday of Passover celebrates freedom from slavery and
oppression. We re-tell the story each year, asking why we as a society are
still not yet free. Join us for a special Passover-inspired program in
which we'll hear from three local activists committed to ending oppression
and injustice in Berkshire county in the realms of immigration, racial
justice, and food security over a free, delicious three-course meal. All
are welcome to engage and learn how to get involved in the fight for
justice in our community. Come when you can, leave when you have to! See
facebook event for details on speakers: https://www.facebook.com/events/
165220114293288

Happy Tuesday,

Ariel