[Jewonthis] Various Events

Aizenberg, Tamar tsa1 at williams.edu
Mon Feb 19 12:19:53 EST 2018

Hi Everyone,

I hope your Monday is off to a good start!

I'm writing to let you know about two events being put on by various groups
on campus this week.

*First*, on Tuesday, February 20, Williams Catholic is hosting a lecture
entitled "Does God Exist?" by Professor Michael Gorman of Catholic
University of America. The lecture will be at 7pm in Paresky Auditorium.
Here are the details of the talk's content:

"This talk will focus on the question of God's existence. We will explore
what it would mean for there to be a philosophical argument for God's
existence, and we will take an initial look at arguments of that sort. We
will also consider the limits of philosophy."

Please contact David Vascones (djv1) with any questions!

*Second*, Peer Health is beginning a Menstrual Wellness Campaign. FemCo
will be running a discussion on the campaign on Thursday, February 22 at
8:30pm in Paresky, and there will be a menstruation celebration on
Saturday, February 24 at 7:15pm in Perry Living Room. Here is some more
information about the campaign:

"Peer Health's Menstrual Wellness Campaign aims to educate those who
menstruate—and those who do not—about menstrual health. This includes the
menstrual cycle, premenstrual syndrome, menopause, and everything in
between. Our hope is that the corresponding poster campaign will allow
students on campus—and maybe even those beyond the Williams community—to
learn more about menstrual wellness. The campaign will sponsor a series of
events where we will encourage conversation about many topics related to
menstrual health. We want to de-stigmatize this important subject and help
provide safer spaces for people to learn more and share their personal
experiences."

Please contact Toni Wilson (tew1) from Peer Health with any questions!

Best,

Tamar Aizenberg