|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
Highlights from the year 1958:
- Prof. James MacGregor Burns lost his bid for a seat in Congress
- Laszlo Versenyi joined the faculty
- Tuition topped $1100
- Some freshmen built a snow sculpture of a 30-foot-tall obese monarch ("Snow King") for Winter Carnival
- The Purple Cow ceased publication
- The Boston & Maine Railroad stopped running direct trains from Williamstown to Boston
- Two students were arrested for firing a shotgun into the home of the College Chaplain
- One student was put on probation for unspecified "conduct unbecoming a gentleman"
- The Freshman Carnival sparked a wave of destruction that culminated in a car being overturned and set on fire in the middle of the Freshman Quad.