|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
There are several lists hosted by OIT that are difficult to unsubscribe from because you may be subscribed with your "06eaw" style e-mail address; sending an unsubscribe e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org just won't work, since everything you send looks like it comes from "Ephraim.A.Williams@williams.edu". These hard-to-leave lists usually end in "-l" and are hosted at @listserv.williams.edu or @williams.edu (not wso.williams.edu). See also How to unsubscribe from a WSO list.
1) Go to http://listserv.williams.edu.
2) If you already have a password for your 06eaw style e-mail address, go to step 6.
3) If you don't have a password, or don't know if you have a password, click on "get a new LISTSERV password first"
4) Ignore the intructions and enter your "email@example.com" style e-mail address in the "E-mail address" box, and choose a new password. Enter it twice.
5) You might have to wait for a confirmation e-mail or something. If so, do that. If not, go back to listserv.williams.edu
6) Enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" (using YOUR unix login instead of 06eaw) and your password in the correct blanks.
7) On the screen that comes up, scroll down to the list of listservs you are subscribed to.
8) Check the box next to the list you want to unsubscribe from and hit "submit changes"
9) You should be all set.