|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
Carvings generally fall into three categories: Wilbur trays, "Tray of" trays, and tray puns.
Let's make a comprehensive list of dining hall tray scratchings. Include locations, if known/remembered.
Does anyone know Wilbur's story? Create it!
- Wilbur Sucks I - LXII (beyond?)
- Wilbur cooks with spices (Greylock?)
- Wilbur was framed (Greylock)
- Wilbur plays ice hockey
- Wilbur takes econ
- Wilbur invaded Poland (Greylock)
- Wilbur donates blood
- Welcome to Wilbur Country (including serifs and Surgeon General's Warning; Mission)
- Wilbur works the corner (Greylock)
- Wilbur failed the MCATs
- Wilbur tips poorly (Greylock)
Cult of Tom
- Cult of Tom
- Cult of
- Cult of
- and so on . . .
The Cult of Tom story orginated in 2000 when Tom Fleming ('00) and Jeff Grant ('00) were talking to each other and they realized that people would wear pretty much any free t-shirt. Thus, Tom decided he could start his own cult merely by printing up shirts that said "Cult of Tom" and distributing them. The only rule for the Cult of Tom was that you must wear the T shirt.
Then, Tom asked everybody with the shirt to wear it and come to his thesis defense to ask questions (Perhaps silly questions or pre-arranged really intelligent ones.) It was afterwards that "Cult of Tom" began being scratched onto Driscoll trays.
This is where the story diverges. Some say that Tom Stackpole ('01) got jealous and scratched out the orignal Tom and put his own name in. Others say that a friend of Tom's started the corrections, and thereby created a new Cult of Tom (Stackpole). At any rate, the original Cult of Tom supporters were angry, and scratched out the new Tom and replace it with the old Tom. As a result, the odd-even number of Toms was created. Odd number of Toms meant Tom Flemming, and even numbers were Tom Stackpole.
Source: members of class of 2000, 2001 -- many of whom still have original Cult of Tom shirts.
- Tray of the Thnikkaman (including drawing; Mission)
- The tray of repeatedly hitting yourself over the head with a shovel (Mission)
- Tray of Spiritual Horniness (Driscoll)
- Tray of Snow Bocce 2004 (Mission)
- Tray of Feral Pigs (Mission)
- Basic Trayning/I want to be a Driscoll Tray (Mission)
- Death Before Detrayal (Driscoll and Mission)
- Tray Bien
- Judgment Tray
- Penetraytion (Mission)
- Libertray, Egalitray, Fraternitray (Mission)
- Take the A-Tray
- Trayin' Alive (Mission)
- Tray 3:16 (Mission)
- Tray of Williams (Wesleyan)
Ideas for Carvings
- Infiltraytion (I think this one exists)
- Tray the course
- Extray credit for puns
- Wilbur: Zuckerman's Traymous Pig (sucks)
- Et tray, Brute? Then fall, salad. (Wouldn't "Et tu, Brutray?" work better?)
- Tray the Earth Stood Still (was listed above before, but I think I just imagined it)
- Tray that funky music, Greylock.