Please visit the [http://www.focusthenation.org national website] for more information and to see Williams College on the map.
* Deal with Global Warming in an intelligent way. This is not a simple or black and white issue, it deserves enlightened discussion.
* Involve Lots of People. This concerns all of humanity and Focus the Nation will provide an environment for large scale discussions by lots and lots of people. This issue is not an environmental issue but a societal and environmental issue which means the discussions of how to deal with it should happen between people from all different backgrounds and beliefs.
* Make the Issue More Political. The event will occur early in the political primary season, it provides an opportunity to engage political candidates from across the country and at all levels of government in campus-based, non-partisan discussions of climate solutions.
==Action at Williams==
===The Williams event will take place on
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008===* The one day symposium will involve class discussions, talks and debates, a keynote speaker and a community based engagement. In 2008 the nation will begin the process of voting for a new president, and we feel this is an excellent opportunity to establish global warming as a major national political issue.* At Williams we are asking professors to dedicatetime to leading a discussion on global warming, either as it relates to their field or how simply as they see it as a person.
* Class time may range from a whole class period to a 10 minute discussion.
* Outside of class there will be ongoing lectures, debates, movies, letter writing sessions and other activities . * The
day will culminate in a large lecture with a keynote speaker, politicians and leaders who are willing to talk.
In the first stage of planning, students have approached professors with a pledge to commit to Focus the Nation. The pledge and its supporters can be found at [[Focus the Nation Support]].
# [[Adrian Mintzmyer]] '09
# [[Ruby Dale-Brown]] '09
Kliener]], English# [[ Sara Gardner]], [[Environmental Studies]]
# [[Stephanie Boyd]], [[Facilities]]
# [[Chris Warren]], [[OIT]]