|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
- Load Thunderbird and click on the tools menu:
- Select "Account Settings"
- Select "Add Account"
- Select "Email Account"
- Input your Name and Email Address (either form of the latter is ok...it's a reply-to address)
- Select "IMAP"
- Input incoming server as "studentmail.williams.edu"
- Input your personal information (username is same as Unix ID)
- Now, back at the original box entitled "Account settings," Look at the list on the left and select "Outgoing Server"
- Click "Edit"
- For Outgoing Server use "mail.williams.edu"
- Select the "Use TLS" checkbox option. Make sure the port number is 25.
- Check the "Use Name and Password" under the Security Authentication box
Changing the placement of reply text
One annoying thing about Thunderbird is that by default it puts your cursor below the message you're replying to. Most folks like their replies at the top. To change the behavior:
- Go to Tools -> Account Settings...
- Click "Composition & Addressing"
- Change the drop-down box just below "Automatically quote...", and then click OK.