Useful things to have on-hand when you are playing Trivia
In the old days, teams hauled boxes of stuff to their Trivia Central locations: reference books, comic book compilations, Action Trivia prop and costume elements. For some years, the team which successfully negotiated with Hal at Toonerville Trolley to borrow his enormous compendium of all the records ever printed almost inevitably won, because they could look up songs while the songs were on-air.
In the age of the internet, much less stuff is necessary.
You may still find the following useful, though:
- At least one computer configured to handle streaming audio
- Several computers on which to work on boni, answer on-airs, etc.
- Junk food to snack on all night
- Caffeine, caffeine, and more caffeine!
- Internet access, obviously
- Some means of recording video for Action Boni
- Potential props and costume bits for said Action Boni
- Reference books and such can still be helpful, if you've got 'em - most of the rules in modern Trivia contests that prohibit the use of the internet do NOT prohibit looking things up in actual, physical books!